Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardscoil Anonymous - The new AA

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

moz wrote:
    And for the record, I know a few gay people in Limerick and most don't find the term 'fag' derogitory, and none of them went to Ardscoil. All Crescent Comp and Munchins boys :p

moz,
    Ohh behave...

Ahh yes Munchins, the bastion of faggotry. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The next person to use the F word that Kyp and scuba steve used will receive a months ban. I couldnt give a **** if if you know 1 or 100 people who are not offended by it, it will not be tolerated here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

only 6th years are allowed go up to mace, such a stupid rule.
    You know why the rule is there right?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Willem D wrote:
    You know why the rule is there right?

Back in my day it was to stop us frequenting with salesians. Have vague memories of being told that girls are evil and that why there is a big fence around salesians :p

As schools go Ard Scoil Did have its fair collection of Lunatics I mean Timmy, Punky, Bogman, Looby, Maarie, Gerry.

Still though had a few gooduns as well Bobby(RIP), Gayle, D & D, Mickey.

Really hated the place but hey who doesn't hate School

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

The reason why it happened was about 5 or 6 years ago two Salesian girls had a massive row up at the Esso station, this resulted in no one being allowed for lunch in Ard Scoil or Salesians.

• Advertisement

The rule about not going to Mace goes back way further than that I can remember when you weren't allowed of schol property at lunch time without a signed note. This is about 1992

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

If, as you claim, you have nothing against gay people, then I suggest you change your vocabulary then.
    will do Billie :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Willem D wrote:
    The reason why it happened was about 5 or 6 years ago two Salesian girls had a massive row up at the Esso station, this resulted in no one being allowed for lunch in Ard Scoil or Salesians.

massive "row" is a bit of an understatement - there were heads being smacked off petrol pumps and everything.

who was gerry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 technophobic

No... it not a reference to lude acts with Salesians. The trees between Ard Scoil & Salesians ... first few years of drinking. Totally broke - used to have to buy cheap sherry. Best of days!

<snip>used to be an <snip> teacher in Ard Scoil till 1994 got into a bit of trouble with the law and was fired Absolute and complete w@#ker. He used to <snip>

mod edit - None of us have time to see Tom O'Donnell at this time, so lets not go breaking any libel laws OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

Ex ardscolier here too. When I think back on some of the stuff that went on in the school, I piss myself laughing.

Anyone remember when the senior classes barricaded the teachers into the staff room and took over the gym?
    I Remember one day, there was a fella on a ladder, painting the outside of the second storey of the building, near the 6th year block. Anyways, he fell off the ladder and made absolute bits of his legs. It was right outside 3B2 and they all hung out the window shouting 'Waaaa'
    Also remember there was a mixed French exchange student group over and one day during lunch, the third years gave one of the girls a wedgie. :v:
    And I remember Donie hoppin his head off the ground, when his foot got caught in a hole in the rugby pitch, while chasing a load of lads who were setting off bangers.

Loads more stories Im sure,,,..

Ah the senior lock in was in Ty that year and the only way to recify it was Cormac Bonner climbing in the window of the changing rooms.

Also remember the 6th year corridor yes corridor for you young ones getting U-locked at either end and Mickey shouting for it to get unlocked and they had to angle grind off the locks but not b4 the nerd filled 3rd year a class climbed out the windows to safety with their books what a shower of eejits

Yeah, I remember the guy who allowed bonner in through the jacks window in the Gym. He will be forever cursed in the minds of the 6th year 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

I too was in the gym when the 6th years took over. I was a mere first year at the time. One of the best days, walking back into Wiggy's math's class afterwards, everyone thinking (I mean knowing) we were legends.

Nothin like that will ever happen there again pity though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

im in 5th year in ard scoil atm, what year did that lock in the gym thing happen, and can ya give me all the details because it sounds sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Middle/end of the 94/95 year.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jay_haych

remember smoking by the bike sheds when mickey was principal. he would appear out of nowhere and nab everyone. but when dux was head honcho he would jsut waltz over in his "prince" purple suit and give everyone a 2 minute headstart.

who was behind the monastery when mickey came over and caught a 100 of us smoking??

Ah the lock in, poor oul dicey got his car keyed that day n everthing. I wasnt in the gym meself durin the lock in, but the rumours about what went on inside were class. I heard the basketball nets were set on fire, and ppl were jumping off the balcony onto the blue crash mats-also heard some young fella missed the mat and landed on his back. Also A number of fools were standing outside the staffroom window giving the two fingers to dympna tobin and her cohorts and shouting f*ck you mickey. needless to say, when the whole affair was over, they got clattered.
    But its a wonder that the whole thing was kept under wraps and the newspapers didnt get a hold of it... can you imagine the uproar? Although the whole thing was a bit legendary in the other schools... Gayle O Carroll said she was told by someone in another school that there were sheep and cattle loose in the rugby field that day as well.... pure class
    On another matter, I heard that the reason debs were banned in the school for so long was because the sixth years at the time threw poor Shaloo down the stairs in tropics (the gallery for you later attendees). Any truth in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jay_haych

we had a debs in funworld in 98.

• Advertisement

dont you mean ye went to funworld after the debs

A debs in funworld?I like the sound of that

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

some characters there alright
    Bobby, BogMan and Punky
    "The bessth skoool in Ireland" - Mickey.
    Timmy S, what a lunatic - "The Germans are coming"
    KOK SHALOOOOOOO!!!!!
    MAAAA-RREEE

Debs nope sorry Grads in the savoy in 97 after the desmiond arms great days never left us back in after that. God bless Laurel Hill

if you've joined that good if somewhat pointless timewaster of an internet service that is bebo.com you will have noticed that they have added The Best School in Ireland (who also won Blackboard Jungle you know) onto the network so you can join as either a current or past pupil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

ah yes are most famous of chants at rugby games!

''WE WON BLACKBOARD JUNGLE, WE WON BLACKBOARD JUNGLE, NA NA NA NA HAY! NA NA NA NA''

i never heard anyone singing that at a rugby match and ive played against ard scoil couple of times

ah yes are most famous of chants at rugby games!

''WE WON BLACKBOARD JUNGLE, WE WON BLACKBOARD JUNGLE, NA NA NA NA HAY! NA NA NA NA''

There was also one match a few years back, could have been Senior Cup in 2001, when Frank Shalloo was in among the supporters and telling students to tone down the chanting a bit, so of course it was a few choruses of (to the tune of 'Here We Go')

"Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo, Frank Shalloo..."

Ah Ard Scoil Ris Rugby remember an huge fight in the stands between Ourselves and Clements some poor Clements young fella got chucked off the side of the stand as Mickey was wading in to try and stop it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I remember the "Blackboard Jungle" chant its kind of died down in the last year or two though because the people coming in to the school now never heard of blackboard jungle

Advertisement