Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ardscoil Anonymous - The new AA

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

What about the cleaners and the caretaker? Anyone remember them!
    Your one with the massive fro and a liking for ski-pants. And the oul fella with the thick dispensary glasses... ah the homework room, what laughs we would have playing table rugby and dodge the duster. Paul OConnell was a regular player I do recall in those days...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭greg678

Lol ardscoil........................two of my bros went there

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭jay_haych

bobmeaney wrote:
    And the oul fella with the thick dispensary glasses.

MOLEMAN!!! i forgot all about him. and remember eddie who'd come in and do lame-ass impressions of teachers. i remember mickey catching him doing that once and roared at him LOL

wasnt he fired for nickin' vcr's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Nah Eddie retired I suprised they didn't give him the BJ bus he spent so much time in it. His punky madden impression was good though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 AliveinLimerick

Yeah, I was an Ardscoil man too. Wasn't crazy about the place at the time but kind of proud of it now.

Our year won Blackboard Jungle. I was in the audience in RTE studios. Mickey was delirious. I remember stopping for pints on the way home, in Kildare i think? Was so long ago...

Nuts, I'm showing my age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Stopping for pints on the way home from a schools quiz. is it just me or is that a little surreal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

yup, it sure does billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Bumpage!

Moleman what a legend. I remember bobby byrnes saying he was 'a magnificent flautist'. I hope he meant he was an expert flute player.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

some of you guys were obvioulsy there smae time as me...i was around for the blackboard jungle win, the teacher lock in and 'riots' in the gym..

had forgotten some of the things until reading them here...nice job..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Parsley wrote:
    Bumpage!

bumping threads is bold. dont do it again unless you have something to add.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Ah, Ardscoil, left last year. had a grads and debs (non alcoholic with teacher supervision- alcohol allowed). So funny. The teachers that didn't go to the Debs came 2 the Raddison anyways and had a partyy in the bar. Deirdre the music sub las yr was langers, she told every student in the school she was teetotal.

Michael G. Loon!!!!!!!!!!!

Ducks "well hows the professor?? how many times is it you've been late this week now 8,9 maybe 10??? Legend

We were the year that convinced Bríd de Brún to allow a debs albeit a compromise. I will always remember ardscoil, mainly cos no matter what college u go to there's Ardscoil heads everywhere

In fairness it was a great school in the earlier years. There was a time when they actively encouraged young bands in the school... even used to allow them to practise in classrooms on the top floor by the art room. I used to give drum lessons after school as well, for a time. But when Brid started, all of that was kissed goodbye.
    Not a great school for people who weren't academically inclined mind you.

How did the "charity ball" go last wednesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Rubberbandits

ninty9er wrote:
    Ah, Ardscoil, left last year. had a grads and debs (non alcoholic with teacher supervision- alcohol allowed). So funny. The teachers that didn't go to the Debs came 2 the Raddison anyways and had a partyy in the bar. Deirdre the music sub las yr was langers, she told every student in the school she was teetotal.

Michael G. Loon!!!!!!!!!!!

Ducks "well hows the professor?? how many times is it you've been late this week now 8,9 maybe 10??? Legend

We were the year that convinced Bríd de Brún to allow a debs albeit a compromise. I will always remember ardscoil, mainly cos no matter what college u go to there's Ardscoil heads everywhere

Wow! Ye got a debs? Well done. Ardscoil was famous for denying its students a debs, well thats Bríds dictatorship for you. Every year some poor chap was suspended for trying to organise one. Please telll all, and how did it come about? What were the rules and compromises?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

We had a grad and a debs too, left in 2000. Maybe no one told ye guys about your years one!

Our debs was organised by a "panel" i.e 1 very determined student who spent weeks costing the whole thing, he then went after school one day to the staff room (old library); where he put forward the idea. much persuasion......

1-2 teachers actually gave a ****, but the older members of staff still remembered taking numerous student to the regional in the mid 80s so were reluctant.

Compromises. No drink, no leaving the function room (desto no smoking) but there was drinking in the jacks and the teachers were mainly intoxicated except a few.

What teachers went went: Rose Lawlor, Frank Shalloo, Liam Martin (legend), Bríd of course, Kay Collins, Eva Burke, Dee McCartin (sub), Michael G (pro debs on org panel), Enda Gavigan (i think), Gail obviously. Sure there were 2 or 3 more. Oh yes Emma O Driscolls boyfriend Mr. Cronin who the band slagged the hole off.

Good nite, but the sober element for those whose drink was discovered when frisked and handbags searched on the way in.

Grads was brilliant though. Got turfed outta the davin at closin.

I'd say we pulled it off cos we were close to the teachers as a group. Plus great things were expected of us. We were described as an "outstanding group" in comparison to other years

Advertisement