Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deep forde, Drogheda

Options
  • 17-02-2006 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭

I see they are working on a few showunits there and their board reads 'Spring 2006'. Nice location too. Any idea when they will release it, and how much?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I have seen the development in progress, the houses are getting knocked up in no time, looking the them they appear to be detached houses and of a pretty large size,going on this and also the location i would reckon over the 300k mark .
    Drogheda house prices are rising at a rapid rate
    I am still in the hunt for a house in drogheda ,
    for example last june i was in the bidding for a 3 bed room semi detached bungalow in drogheda town, i pulled out of the bidding at 225k, was browsing the local paper the other day and spotted an identical house in the same estate for a guide price of 270k ...crazy or what !!
    at this stage i will be priced out of the market very soon
    Its a nightmare for first time buyers on a normal wage

• Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭positron

andrew1977 wrote:
    for example last june i was in the bidding for a 3 bed room semi detached bungalow in drogheda town, i pulled out of the bidding at 225k, was browsing the local paper the other day and spotted an identical house in the same estate for a guide price of 270k ...crazy or what !

Would that be Forest Park by any chance? :)

I checked out at least three 3-bed duplexes in Brianstown Manor in May/June 2005, and they were around 210k to 225k for the best fitted ones. It looked like they were struggling to shift them, and now, more similar duplexes are on market for nothing less than 270k! Of course, asking price is not always the selling price, and the new road, shops and other facilities might also be a reason for the price hike…

Got it in one ..indeed it is forest park..i was stretched to the limit even offering 225k for the house, i think it sold for 230 in the end .
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing but i lost out on it
    Can get a mortgage for 200k over 35 years, and i come up with the rest to pay the balance

Now looking at the option of affordable housing with Louth County Council , i rang them up to enquire about shared ownership,spoke to the lady in charge of the housing dept, she advised me not to go shared ownership, that Louth county council are trying to dis-encourage people from taking shared ownership,BUT she encouraged me to look at the option of purchasing land to build a house for myself ,would i be interested
    Of course i said, 2 days later the forms arrived,just waiting on a tax clearance cert from the tax office (to show i never claimed mortgage relief etc ), send off the forms with my p60 and evidence of savings
    the council then assess if i am eligible to buy and offer me a site of land at a discounted rate .
    Will gladly take this offer if they give it to me , one condition is that you must be earning less than 40k per annum,i am just under it . I have also found out from a friend in the council office that the land they have designated for cheaper sale is in Clogherhead, 15 minutes drive outside drogheda.
    Fingers crossed i get it , i moved back home to the parents to try and save a few quid towards the house.I need to get out of there as soon as possible.
    Sounds like a good deal, hope i do get the offer to buy a small bit of land and i will build a 3 bed semi similar to forest park , on my mortgage quote,the estimated rebuilding cost of a house in forest park is 160k (its on the insurance form for the mortgage )
    Other than that its stay with the folks until i am 85

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

House prices are unreal! Im looking myself and everything is near over 250k! Madness. Knockbrack downs was 165 2 years ago now at least 240k! They are prob cheapest house in the town. Its so hard for first time buyers on a normal wage, the government even took the 1st time buyers grant off us too!

i agree totally leanne, the house prices are outrageous, i was kind of half hoping there would be a small slump and then i would be able to jump on the property ladder ,but i realise now it aint going to happen
    I am on an average wage,will never be a millionaire, have saved loads but by the looks of it will not be enough to get myself started on the property ladder

You are right about the prices in drogheda, a lot of it has to do with the new motorway,rip off house prices in dublin ,a massive influx of dublin people have moved to the town to snap up what they see as bargains whereas us locals are just priced out .
    My friend bought a house in termon abbey for 103 thousand punts at the time, now the 3 bed semis down there are making 240k +
    AAAAAAAhhh what can we do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

positron wrote:
    I see they are working on a few showunits there and their board reads 'Spring 2006'. Nice location too. Any idea when they will release it, and how much?

thanks!

As of early last month (I believe) the builders office didn't know when the showhouses would open or what price they would be going for.

Interesting Carlsbergesque logo though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Guv

The detached ones, which are finished will cost in excess of 500k. Lot of bread imo but commensurate with prices obtained in grange rath and other estates for similar sized houses. These houses look like they are about 1800-2000sq ft.

Prices have, so I was told jumped up since xmas by as much as 10% due to demand.

For a first time buyer all I would look at doing would be to buy a house that requires some updating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭horse7

Any deep forde boardies out there? I would like to know what living in the estate is like. Is there a management company? Thanks for any feedback.

Advertisement