Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

boy meets girl and gets confused

• 17-02-2006 10:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

bit of a strange one here folks,
    Around christmas time i started seeing this girl, which i was quite happy about cus she is everything i could have wished for, bright, intellegent, good looking, cute, funny....i could go on all day praising her. nothing too serious, just meetin up the odd time.
    but over that time i really started to like her, as i felt things were progressing, as i hoped they were!

but things turned slightly sour a few weeks ago, she txt me out of the blue saying she didnt want to see each other cus we never got a chance to see one and other.
    she was also saying she didnt want to go with someone as she feels its holding her down!
    last weekend her mind changed and she said she did want to be with me rather than meetin other people, but the next day her mind changed again.......

WHAT DO I DO???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Find a kerb and kick her to it.

She's a psycho headwrecker and not worth the hassle you'll receive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Milk Lover

pently other fish in te see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

seamus wrote:

ha ha ha ha ha ha but I agree as well ha ha ha ha :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

ye hitting your head off a brick wall may be easier then waiting for her to make up her mind. That and if you stop showing an interest in her for awhile she may actually decide if ahe actually wants to go out with you or not, she may be jsut looking for the thrill of a chase rather then the old faithful lap dog.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

seamus wrote:

what he said
    if she's like this now
    what would she be like a few more months down the line.
    not worth your time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Vegeta unhelpfull posts will get you banned from this forum.
    Do read the charter and abide by the rules whild posting
    Thaedydal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Thaedydal wrote:
    Vegeta unhelpfull posts will get you banned from this forum.
    Do read the charter and abide by the rules whild posting
    Thaedydal

Whoa i wasn't laughing at the OP but the kick to the kirb comment (the way it was phrased actually). I also agreed with the kick to the kirb comment and in agreeing gave my opinion, I cant see how this was unhelpful.

Beruthiel also agreed with the kick to the Kirb comment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭No_Regrets

She is obviously one of those people who gets a kick out of indulging in mind games...you should not go there in my opinion. Do your best to forget about her and you will soon enough find someone who is everything she is plus HONEST AND CARING - good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

So what happened in the few weeks to change her mind? Did it not work out with another fling of hers? Or did she just miss you a lot?

If you're really into her, it might be worth asking that question to find out - but based on what you've said so far she sounds like a chronic constant-mind-changer - run away!

If she doesn't even know what she wants for herself, leave her be to figure that out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Ok well, the more times you take her back each time she changes her mind, the more she will walk all over you. You are basically saying 'im mad about you so you can treat me any way you want'. I know she's amazing blah blah but look at the bigger picture here. Do you really want to be with someone who treats you this way? Never knowing where you stand? its not like yous had a fight and broke up and got back together, it was out of the blue as you said. It sounds like she doesnt know what she wants and those people always end up hurting you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

headfcuk get rid of her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Eminem

Hey yeah she soundeds like a player forget her find someone else best of look:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I suspect if she genuinely liked you then she wouldn't need several bites of the cherry - but then I don't know what relationship issues this girl has.....if you like her as much as you say you do - then I would sit her down, tell her you don't like playing games and you do like her but next time she calls it off it will be a permanent arrangement.....I would also discuss the issues she has about you not seeing each other very often & tell her you felt hurt that she thought you were "holding her back" (from what?!) and go from there? You may find from her answers that you don't want to be with her or you may solve the issues & go on to have a good relationship.....best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I say give her one more chance.Meet up with her and then leave it for her to contact you again and make the effort.You've made the effort now so it's her chance to do it back to you if she really likes you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Nasty Solution
    Ride her and dump her. That'll show her...

Less nasty solution
    Talk to her and tell her to stop messing around. If she genuinely likes you she should tell you straight.

In my book, if you do get together again and she pulls this stunt again. Kick her to the kerb. No girl is worth that hassle, especially for your own sanity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Exon

Forget about her man, plenty more fish in the sea.

Edited: drunk and didn't want to offend! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭lyrama

Being a girl and knowing about these things, I'd say she's trying to say I want out in an overlly complicated and bad way. There's plenty of great people out there just forget about her, it's not worth the hassle tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Nasty Solution
    Ride her and dump her. That'll show her...

OMG this is definately not the route to go my friend, my room mate tried this, then next time they saw each other at a party she acted keen for more.

they went into the downstairs bathroom,
    his pants came off,
    his boxers came off,
    the door opened,
    she threw him out,
    the mass of 20 people around him broke their sides laughing... me included at the guys standing in the room bollock naked from the waste down.

he learnt not to mess with peoples emotions, now if only we could do that to all the messers.

Advertisement