Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licensing issues (spilt from "What .223")

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Vegeta wrote:
    No indication at all,

He said "I have your contact details so will be in touch when its ready"

I don't want to this to turn into a 3 month application. I want to be kept in the loop without annoying the FAO, i think i will leave it til the end of this week and then give him a buzz and politely ask if there are any hold ups or is there anything i can do to make the process go more quickly

Sounds good to me.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

Still waiting for my .223 cert. Application submitted on 9th March, about time for a call to see what the delay is. I already have 2 shotguns, a .22 and a 6.5x55.

Obvious inefficiency or stalling tactics?

Vegeta, I think you put your application in around the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Keelan

Still waiting for my .223 cert. Application submitted on 9th March, about time for a call to see what the delay is. I already have 2 shotguns, a .22 and a 6.5x55.

Obvious inefficiency or stalling tactics?

Give them a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Yes and No, I put it in at the end of March but my FAO took all of April off on holidays so when he returned I had to reapply (lost details) so my application is only in afresh for the last 2 weeks and one day

I'd ring if I were you, i am ringing at the end of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Vegeta wrote:
    Yes and No, I put it in at the end of March but my FAO took all of April off on holidays so when he returned I had to reapply (lost details) so my application is only in afresh for the last 2 weeks and one day

I'd ring if I were you, i am ringing at the end of the week

I had to wait 6 months, the main excuse being they lost my application and i had to re-apply, wonder if this is a common excuse!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

I've heard it happen to plenty of people.

I rang the local FAO today as it was 4 weeks plus one day since my application.

He informed me that he was sick for the last 2 weeks and will ring me when he knows more

Vegeta wrote:
    I rang the local FAO today as it was 4 weeks plus one day since my application.

He informed me that he was sick for the last 2 weeks and will ring me when he knows more

It only takes seconds to punch in your Pulse ID and tell you what stage the application is at and who it is assigned to!!

Terrier wrote:
    It only takes seconds to punch in your Pulse ID and tell you what stage the application is at and who it is assigned to!!

Yeah the local FAO is a nice guy but not very helpful when it comes to the waiting peroid between actually applying for a licence and being granted it.

When I rang him today he kinda laughed when i told him it had been 4 weeks yesterday, he kind of seemed insulted that i would ring up and ask about it.

Why o why isn't there a standardised application process, now I am afraid to ring him again incase he gets thick and delays it just to annoy me. (far fetched I know but thats the vibe i was getting from him today when i rang)

Vegeta wrote:
    Yeah the local FAO is a nice guy but not very helpful when it comes to the waiting peroid between actually applying for a licence and being granted it.

When I rang him today he kinda laughed when i told him it had been 4 weeks yesterday, he kind of seemed insulted that i would ring up and ask about it.

Why o why isn't there a standardised application process, now I am afraid to ring him again incase he gets thick and delays it just to annoy me. (far fetched I know but thats the vibe i was getting from him today when i rang)

Give him a day or two if you hear no responce I'd ring him again and just be nice and mention you just looking for an update on where the licence is! (If possible get the pulse tracking number to which your application is attached faster to check, otherwise have your pulse ID handy) If that fails you could try the community development officer in your local area and see if he will check it out for you. Most applications will go to them at some point anyway!! There are normally very helpfull as it's part of there job, if that fails ask to talk to Det Sgts office and at this point start complaining!!

• Advertisement

well after 2 months and 2 days i just got my license for my .223 tikka :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I couldn't be happier, what a fantastic day. i am skipping lunch at work today so I can go and collect it.

oh happy days. 2 months and 2 days is not that long a wait. I am over the moon

Vegeta wrote:
    well after 2 months and 2 days i just got my license for my .223 tikka :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I couldn't be happier, what a fantastic day. i am skipping lunch at work today so I can go and collect it.

oh happy days. 2 months and 2 days is not that long a wait. I am over the moon

Congrat...
    I find the 55gr rounds suit the 1 in 8 twist perfectly!!

Enjoy...

Advertisement