Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharpeners..?

Options
  • 17-02-2006 10:29am
    Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I would get a sharpener, the cube with the cone indent type (about the size of a pool cue chalk) rather than the circular, key fob type..?

I've checked the usual spots, no-one has them on eBay and Harrows don't do them, anyone seen them in a sports shop/online anywhere...?

Thanks

S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I think you can get them in Lifestyle Sports and Champion Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Despatch wrote:
    I think you can get them in Lifestyle Sports and Champion Sports.

Yep, lifestyle in stephens green is where i got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I got mine in the sports shop in Arthurs Quay shopping centre in Limerick - think it was a lifestyle.

I dont think the sharperner worked very well, though perhaps I just didnt do it right, or more likely it was too late for my darts when I finally got one.

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

Sound, theres a Lifestyle in KK I can get to tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭NeoRox

If you are going to use that type of sharpner I'd advise you to get the circular one with the hole going straight through. The cube ones are crap. Personally I just use a piece of rough sandpaper. The point of the dart only needs to be roughened to stay in the board - not sharpened to a fine point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mista-double

yup piece of sandpaper more to my liking too

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I have to say that I only se sandpaper as well. Just the give the point a quick goin over every now and again and it will be fine

Advertisement