Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming in drunk to work

Options
  • 17-02-2006 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Got a girl on the team here that I love to bits (as a friend lol) but has come in drunk this morning, she's spending ages on each call, being argumentative, making us feel uncomfortable.

Should I say something - what do you all think?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

It's fairly unacceptable, coming in drunk. You could talk it over with your other colleagues and see what the general mood is

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

If you're her co-worker rather than her superior either make a strong cup of coffee for her or take her aside and tell her to go home sick (if she risks screwing up in some way).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭WexCan

There's a team night out tonight and she doesn't have a great history so we're all pretty worried.

Earthhorse wrote:
    If you're her co-worker rather than her superior either make a strong cup of coffee for her or take her aside and tell her to go home sick (if she risks screwing up in some way).
    She's very argumentative, even the suggestion of going home would make her start arguing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Samhildanach

If I were you I'd approach her and ask her is she ok ... maybe she had a very bad night and has some personal trouble. If she has, maybe she will appreciate that you are concerned and become more approachable. If she gets feisty with you tell her everyone can see that she is drunk and while its none of your business, you're concerned that the boss will see her in that state and she'll get fired. (That will be a big problem if she has to find a new job - no reference or if someone rings looking for one).

• Advertisement

If I were you I'd approach her and ask her is she ok ... maybe she had a very bad night and has some personal trouble. If she has, maybe she will appreciate that you are concerned and become more approachable. If she gets feisty with you tell her everyone can see that she is drunk and while its none of your business, you're concerned that the boss will see her in that state and she'll get fired. (That will be a big problem if she has to find a new job - no reference or if someone rings looking for one).
    Her job's gone in April anyway - offshoring. Just afraid of approaching her really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

WexCan wrote:
    Her job's gone in April anyway - offshoring. Just afraid of approaching her really.
    Ask her out for a drink?

zabbo wrote:
    Ask her out for a drink?
    :D She's a bit better now.

Advertisement