Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restuarants in Bray

Options
  • 17-02-2006 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Im going for a meal in Bray on saturday. I don't know of any good or bad restuarants as I have never ate out in bray.

Im not sure where to go.

Any reccommendations/places to stay clear of?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShayHT

Andrews Chinese (Superquinn Centre)
    Sanam Indian (Superquinn Centre)
    Barracuda (Bray Seafront)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

The Baracuda down the seafront has a good reputation. "Escape" across the road from it does too. Also the Tower Bistro is supposed to have nice food, it's in a hotel and above a lounge however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Cnoc16

Yeah, I've heard of Barracuda. What type of food is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ShayHT

Its a Steak and Seafood restaurant.

With a token veggie starter & maincourse!:mad:

Very good though

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

The barracuda has been way overpriced the few times i've been there. But it's the best of a bad lot unfortunately.

I believe there is a new restaurant across the road from barracuda, where dawsons used to be.

• Advertisement

Dawsons the amusements? That's way down the end of the beach, there is a new restuarant right across from the Baracudda though. I think it's Italian!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

Escape is now gone, long gone in fact - around 2 years or more

There's now an italian place there called Campo de Fiori.
    mains are around 15/20euro and are very good - i'm a big fan - i've always had great service and food
    http://www.campodefiori.ie/ for more details

There's another place across the road called palazzo (sp?)
    serving pasta's/burgers and other stuff - not a huge menu

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Barracuda is ok but it is HUGE and quite noisy, so not the place to go for a quiet meal.

cormie wrote:
    Dawsons the amusements? That's way down the end of the beach, there is a new restuarant right across from the Baracudda though. I think it's Italian!

I'm mixing up dawsons with the other old amusements that used to be there..."something palace" was it?

Brought up in bray for 20 years but haven't lived there for the last couple of years and now my mind is losing it:o :D

Fun Palace, that's still on the go, there's a little building beside it where the new one is, then across from that is the one linked to above.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Johnc72

This is a pretty good spot. Very authentic and at reasonable prices

http://www.campodefiori.ie/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

A bag of chips and a walk along the promenade is yer only man.

Or else sit up outside the wall at Henry and Rose and watch a few fights:p

Johnc72 wrote:
    This is a pretty good spot. Very authentic and at reasonable prices

http://www.campodefiori.ie/index.htm

that used to be the veggie place if i'm not mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

yep - it sure was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dr_Darkness

I was thinking of going out for dinner sometime this week as well. I fancy a curry dinner and I was wondering how is Jasmine House? If anyone has eaten there, how did you find it?

I was thinking of going out for dinner sometime this week as well. I fancy a curry dinner and I was wondering how is Jasmine House? If anyone has eaten there, how did you find it?
    if by curry you mean a chinese curry then the jasmine house is grand.

i haven't been there for a good while but it used to be my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Jasmine House is my favourite place for Chinese, I prefer their food to Andrews and the Vevay Asian. Get myself a meal from the Jasmine most weekends - love their fried chicken wings in chilli starter (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

guys check out www.letseatin.ie, 1890471111

they deliver lovely food and they do deliver to charlesland.its a 4euro deivery charge but well worth the money and the wait.
    they do italian, indian,thai and chinese all in the one.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

have to admit that Andrews is the nicest sit down chinese meal in bray.

after that veering away from chinese food there's also pizza n' creams on the albert walk

• Advertisement

Cremo wrote:
    there's also pizza n' creams on the albert walk

Oh definitely yeah, surely the nicest pizza's I've ever eaten in Ireland!

wheres albert walk, i want to checck out the pizza place:D

When you come out of the dart station, go left, there is a lane way beside the Chip and Ship (ship? Fish I mean) place just at the left of it, the pizzaria is about 30 metres down, the whole journey from whn you get off the dart isn't more than a 103 second walk I'd say.

thanks cormie i will check them out at the weekend, would you recommend any nice pizza or speciality:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Dr_Darkness

Thanks for your replies I will check out Jasmine House and of course, Pizza's N Cream-especially because I was recommended this place before by several people.

I actually think Pizza n cream is way over rated.

They used to be so much better but the last few times i've been there i've been seriously underwhelmed by the measly amount of toppings and the ridiculous price i've paid for said pizza.

i really need to check out pizza n cream, loadsof people are telling me about it.

I haven't been there in a while, just tell them to be generous with the toppings, you'd be surprised what you can get if you just ask;)

cormie wrote:
    I haven't been there in a while, just tell them to be generous with the toppings, you'd be surprised what you can get if you just ask;)

meh...i shouldn't have to ask:)

• Advertisement

RuggieBear wrote:
    meh...i shouldn't have to ask:)

Thats what you are paying for SERVICE, you souldnot have to ask

Advertisement