Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scabies

• 17-02-2006 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

The doctor told me i have scabies (i dont know where i got it from) and gave me some cream (Derbac M)- i dont know how well its working has anyone used this before and did it work well

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

I had it as a kid. I remember it being very, very itchy, especially at night!
    I waited a while before going to the doctor, but as soon as I had the cream it cleared up in a few days.
    As far as I remember it's very contagious - chances are you will (or already have) passed it on to someone in your family/ flat.
    Good luck with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Yep. I had them about two years ago. Very itchy. I didn't have to go to the doctor though. I just went to the chemist and the gave me some lotion. Put it on and they were gone within two days. They are very very contagious(sp). I don't even know where I got them. Just keep using the cream daily and you will be alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

You poor fúcker,

They are a bástard alright.

*Best thing for it is Lyclear. Most scabies mites are resistant to Derbac M. Have a really hot shower, douse yourself in Lyclear (2 tubes), pop on your PJ's, sleep for twelve hours, wash the sheets, shower again, get yourself some anti-histamines (Zirtec great).

The irrittation after they're dead lasts about 48hrs (as a result of the dead fúckers being present under your upper dermis) hence the Zirtek. After that you'll be dandy. Every itch you get for the next month will make you paranoid. DO NOT APPLY MORE DERBAC/LYCLEAR. It is a poison and fúcks your skin up if used repeatedly. Just pop more Zirtek. Someone should have advised my GP of same the stupid cúnt.

K-

* So long as you arent allergic to everything mentioned here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Very easily transferred, through towels etc, so you must was everything you have been in contact with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

It is extremely contagious and can be caught in a variety of ways.
    Derbac M is usually used as a head lice treatment but by covering EVERY INCH of your body, it should treat the scabies. It is a tiny mite burrowing under your skin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭deisemum

Got it about 8 1/2 years ago and GP said that scabies are very contagious and can be passed on from something as simple as shaking hands. No wonder Queen Liz always wears gloves

I also had it about 11 years ago. The most embarrassing thing was when my dad had to paint my naked body with something, don't remember what it was. All I remember was the foul smell and that is stung like hell.

I hope I never have to go through that again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

wow i never thought they were that contagious.
    I thought scabies were an STI?
    Can crabs be passed on as easy? Can you contract crabs in the same way as scabies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Scabies are not strictly and STI but can be passed on by skin any contact.
    Crabs tend to stay arround the groin area but you can get them off bedclothes as well as by close contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Can crabs be passed on as easy? Can you contract crabs in the same way as scabies?
    As far as I know, genital lice can be spread through shared clothing and bedclothes, towels, etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement