Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IE7 beta problem

• 17-02-2006 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I use firefox but decided to install internet explorer 7 beta yesterday to what it was like. As it was installing i got a load of pop up messages asking for permission from teatimer and ms antispyware. I think teatimer refused to let it install properly.

Now whenever I try to open IE7 it wont open and i get the following warning

' The procedure entry point InternetGetSecurityInfoByURLW could not be located in the dynamic link library WININET.dll. '

As i assumed it wouldnt let me uninstall IE7, so i tried to reinstall IE7, but I was told to uninstall it first in Add/Remove programs and to click show updates and remove it from under Windows Xp software updates but i cant for the life of me guess which one is IE7.

any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

One of the updates should say "Internet Explorer 7", if it's not the uninstall may not have installed properly (if you get my meaning). You're probably more likely to get an answer on the newsgroup.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

yeah i think thats my problem that the uninstaller wasnt installed. its nowhere to be found under Windows Xp software updates.

thanks for the link i'll check it out now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

back again.

does anyone think they may have a solution to my problem?

Advertisement