Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Big Blue Bus

Options
  • 17-02-2006 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen that dark blue double decker bus that is parked in a field heading northbound on the M1 before the Balbriggan exit. I have often wondered about this. Doesnt seem to have been abandoned either coz it changes position every so often. Maybe it is used by some farmer for carting his sheep up the fields.

Also what is the deal with that lay-by thing on the M1 - actually its beside where that bus parks - it looks like a lay-by about 50 yards long but has two barriers at either end??? wtf? You would think in this day and age, that the governement would shell out for a few lay-by's. It is the law that truck drivers take a break after a period of time in the interests of safety yet I only know of one or two places (mother hubbards for example) where they can stop. I've seen trucks parked in all kinds of places with their curtains closed... and surely it must piss foreign truckers off no end.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

yeah ive seen that bus myself would like to know the story with it.......cos it would make one hell of a campervan!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭Irish-trucker

So True :)

it must piss the truckers from continental europe off , over there you've a services every 2-3 miles along the road , with decent showers and cheap good food .

I read in this month's Irish-trucker magazine , that there going to allow truckstops to be built alongside motorways here .

Its terrible to think that you can drive from dublin to cork , and there is no decent place to stop , only if you go off the motorway and into towns , where trucks arent wanted .

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

is it possibly for the gardai to do speed checks?...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Drax

comanche wrote:
    is it possibly for the gardai to do speed checks?...

Not sure but I dont think so - there are a number of those elevated ramps where they can reverse their squadmobile up on to already.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

re: the truckstops, the NRA aren't incorporating them into any of their new roads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

AFAIK the bus is there as an advert hoarding, the owner couldn't get permission for a proper advert overlooking the motorway but no permission is needed for a vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

John R wrote:
    AFAIK the bus is there as an advert hoarding, the owner couldn't get permission for a proper advert overlooking the motorway but no permission is needed for a vehicle.
    There's a 40 ft trailer in a field beside the N3 just past Dunboyne for much the same purpose.

I see they've setup some of those Garda ramps just past Blanch too in recent weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Wouldn't it be funny if your speeding conviction was illegal due to the Garda car breaking the law and reversing on a Motorway. I know that's unlikely just popped into my head though.

Advertisement