Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

He likes me but won't tell me

• 17-02-2006 12:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all

I have been in a relationship a good while and I am crazy about the guy. I always was and still am. In the grand scheme of things this issue is unimportant but it is one of those niggling things that can come to surface every now and again. The thing is he rarely compliments me. By saying this I don't mean that I want to be told I look nice every time he sets eyes on me but it is nice to be told it every now and again. I rarely hear anything like that. Sometimes it never bothers me but other times I get a bit upset about it. Everyone likes to be complimented, especially by their partner. There are many factors that I have put it down to. I thought it might be due to the fact that we have been going out a good amount of time and that the novelty wears off but if this is so why do I think it an issue? It might also be due to the fact that I have low self-esteem and it is not his responsibility to give me my booster when I am feeling down. I have also thought that it could just be due to the fact that he is not comfortable giving compliments.

I have tried dealing with this in every way possible. I have, on numerous occasions, calmly tried talking about it and figuring what it comes down to. At the end of the day there might not even be an issue, as in I might just be making a big deal of the whole thing.

Can I get a few opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

You should just say it to him.

This happened to me after going out with my bf after a year and i told him how I felt. Even since then he complements me when he sees I’ve made an effort or when we are going out.

He also slags the crap out of me in the mornings when I wake up and my hair is like the bride of Frankenstein.

But seriously, just let him know how you feel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I have told him so many times. I got really upset about it. We are talking lengthy conversations whereby I have tried to figure out why he finds it so difficult to just say nice things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

What did he say the problem was?

Some guys are like that and forget to say nice stuff. Doesnt mean they arent thinking it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Its in his kiss

thats where it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

did he say it when u started going out and has suddenly stopped or whats the dealio

• Advertisement

At first he didn't agree. Now he agrees and that is the end of it. I suppose I want him to do as your boyfriend did and start but it seems unlikely.

What I do not understand is that is he enjoys me telling him he looks nice or whatever else. It frustrates me. He is such an intelligent guy and I know it must have dawned on him. It might be that he is just unwilling. He is of the school of thought that says it is impossible to change personality characteristics. I say b*llocks to that!

I know he thinks it but sometimes I just need to hear it!

We've been going out around a year!

And yes he was a lot more forthcoming at the start but nearly never now. Declining relationships due to time is a theory that doesn't wash with me. I refuse to accept it as a reason.

And yes it is in his kiss, that's about all it is in!

Howabout the way he acts?

Advertisement