Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Results Question - compensating fails

• 17-02-2006 1:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭

I know this is a long shot since the arts office don't even know anything about it... but whats the story with compensation of failed subjects? I got an E an F and 3 A's... Can i use the A's to compensate for the two fails leaving everything hunky dorey? Or can you only compensate one subject or anything like that?

Does anyone know anything about all this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

as far as I know.... and don't take this as fact.... because it isn't

Only one of your grades can be compensated and it must be an E+ I think.... or an E, anything lower can't and if you have two failed subjects neither can.

Of course... don't take my word but that is the way it usually is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

You can't get F's compensated for. Providing you pass 75% of your modules you get any E's moved up to passes at the end of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

check out this page and click into ''Understanding your Semester Grade Point Average (GPA) - a guide for students'' for a word doc and you'll find something to do with compensation but it looks ridiculously confusing tbh.

Advertisement