Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD Player with resume function?

• 17-02-2006 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

i want to pick your collective genius :D
    my mother listens to books on tape but they are mostly coming out on cd now and she has bad sight so can't see the number display, so when she stops a book in the middle of a cd she can't figure out where she is
    so i am wondering if there is a cd player that will play from where it was last played?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

DVD players do this, well mine does anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

what brand and make do you have commited?

it's an old Wharfedale DVD 750S

Every DVD player should work like that - try yours! It wont work if you remove the DVD though

i tried it with my philips dvd\hdd recorder and a cheap Hitachi one and it didn't work on either i'm afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Both my dvd players do this. Even if you remove the disk it remembers the stopping points of the last 20 discs.

1 is a pioneer (expensive one at the time)
    1 is a samsung HD850 (brand new at Xmas around £100)

Im pretty sure most sony's do the same.

• Advertisement

Superfly, if your hitachi is equiv to mine, i'll happily swap with you - I dont need the resume function.

thanks commited for the offer
    but i'm going to buy a cheap one from power city and if it doesn't work i'll swap it with my friend who's does work
    cheers again

Advertisement