Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

microsoft access datetime issues

Options
  • 17-02-2006 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

i have to make a delete sql statement with a datetime in the where clause

my problem is when it goes into access to search for the record to delete it searches the american version of a date rather than the european one

im confused by this because the datagrid is pulling the date from the database and im searching the database by the value on the datagrid

ie it can find any record for the 2/1/2006 as it is in access as 1/2/2006

even if i change the format in access to dd/mm/yyyy it still wont find it

is there a locality setting for access i can change? or anyone have any other suggestions?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ikoonman

Yes - it sure is tricky with MS Access. Look at you computer's regional settings long date format (in control panel), if i remember correctly there is a correlation with that and the dates in Access.. It sure is annoying - the Americans use mm/dd/yy where we usually use dd/mm/yy

Also, try using the format function in VB to get the date in the correct format before you compare. You can do this within the Access SQL query.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Loco

prob solved.

formated the datetime to us before it goes to the access db

Advertisement