Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80kph speed limit through the village!

Options
  • 17-02-2006 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else noticed but some smartass has turned the 50kph speed limit sign coming into Maynooth from the Dunboyne road around and it's now 80kph though the village! I have to say it feels quite fast hurtling through the town at 80kph but it's legal as far as I'm concerned...when will the Irish ever learn that directional/speed limit signs should be mounted on two posts so as to stop them being tampered with :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ixion

how would putting them on two posts stop tampering with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

ixion wrote:
    how would putting them on two posts stop tampering with them?
    Well it would stop kids simply spinning them around

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

how about you try not driving dangerously through the town?
    legal or not, >50KM/hour in the village is dangerous.

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    how about you try not driving dangerously through the town?
    legal or not, >50KM/hour in the village is dangerous.
    I don't speed through the village as I don't actually pass through it...anyway the fact of the matter is that the sign has been like this for over a week. I'm sure somebody from Kildare County Council must have noticed it by now. I know what the speed limit is but "imagine" this is my first time using this stretch of road, would I not be perfectly within my rights to do 80kph?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

fletch wrote:
    I don't speed through the village as I don't actually pass through it...
    fletch wrote:
    I have to say it feels quite fast hurtling through the town at 80kph but it's legal as far as I'm concerned...

• Advertisement

FuzzyLogic wrote:
    The road I'm talking about doesn't go directly through the village....it's the Dunboyne road that leads into the town and then I turn off towards Kilcock...ok now I'm being stupid :)
    Anyway I never said that "I" was the driver of the car doing 80kph

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Fridge

The speed limit doesn't really matter during the day anyway, because you just don't get the chance to go over say 40kph. There's always someone asleep at the wheel in front of you anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 ixion

fletch wrote:
    Well it would stop kids simply spinning them around

but that isnt going to stop them from spray painting them... and then they would have to be pretty big speed signs.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Nothing worng with spraypainting,

and i think when fletch said he/sje enjoyed hurtling through the village at 80klicks an hour it was very tongue in cheek... i'm actually amazed you didn't ban him for a couple of weeks for his road actions...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

fletch wrote:
    Has anyone else noticed but some smartass has turned the 50kph speed limit sign coming into Maynooth from the Dunboyne road around and it's now 80kph though the village! I have to say it feels quite fast hurtling through the town at 80kph but it's legal as far as I'm concerned...when will the Irish ever learn that directional/speed limit signs should be mounted on two posts so as to stop them being tampered with :rolleyes:

Well, they have that on one of the roads into Sligo. The result is, on the left, 80kph, on the right 50kph. Or the other way around, I'm not quite sure. Funny anyhow. And it's been that way for months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement