Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

do brown and black clash?

• 17-02-2006 4:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

just a little quick question to settle a debate me and a few other of my similarly effeminate friends are having. I haven't the slightest idea if it does or doesn't

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

no it doesnt...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Depends on ensemble tbh, can look rank or really smart. What choo talkin' about Willis?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

The only rule that is hard and fast about this [that I know of] is that your belt colour should match your shoe colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

depends on the shade of brown but to be safe... yes they clash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Scraggs wrote:
    depends on the shade of brown but to be safe... yes they clash

I agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Brown shoes only goes with blue jeans - my motto :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

usually yes but sometimes it can look pretty cool ... rarely but it can

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Traditionally yes they do clash but not always the case now....i'll wear an entire black outfit then a brown leather bag to clash with it...it actually looks cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Brown and black-sometimes getawayable
    Black and navy-unforgivable

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It all depends. I'd never say never!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

As a general rule yes, black and navy is worse though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

It depends on what you are wearing. Shoes wise yes black shows with brown trousers clash and visa versa. Ive often worn a brown top though and black pants and looks fine. I wear a beige belt and it breaks it up. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

It clashes far more often than it'll look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

Don't wear them together! they look horrible. black and brown were never meant to be. when looking at what colours to wear together always think of the colours you see in nature. they are a good guide apart from the colour wheel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Brown and black do go. It just depends on what shades of each? A strong black, with a rich brown go fine...

Goes well here!

I used to wear a brown top with black combats before they wore out, I think it looked good
    something like brown trousers black shoes or vice versa probably wouldn't work though I think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Some of them work when mixed with other colours, I have tights which are brown, black, purple and dark red and the black goes fine with the brown, doesn't class at all if I wear a brown or black skirt with them.

Now I've been told Blue and Green clash but I think they can look lovely together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Dont forget to consider that there are two blacks, a blue based black and a brown based black.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 baller4life

Depends on what you're wearin I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

imo you can wear whatever you like so long as you have the confidence and style to pull it off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

as a lot of previous posters said i also think it depends.

depends on the type of colour brown too. ive seen a gorge black dress with a brown belt but couldnt get a pic..

here is a pic of stylish sienna wit brown and black together

Advertisement