Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on Rag Trip?!

• 17-02-2006 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

well, what did yas all think about it?
    i thought it was just ok.
    first of all-- no drinking on the bus just gay! i managed to sneak a litre bottle on though..
    first place we went to-darnley lodge was far too small for the amount of people that was there. a big fight started and i ended up with their blood on my clothes.. wasnt a good start. plus only 1 bar.. waitin a half hour nearly to get a drink. we also had to pay for food, whereas afaik trip b didnt..

last place- passion. i like many others were sobered up at this stage which sucked. i had drank 1litre bottle of cocktail, 4 btls bulmers and 1 pint. less had me on my ear on the F-Rag trip to say the least.

i think the travellin on the bus with many not drinking was a bit of a dampner on the whole thing.

id rate it 5/10, F-Rag would of got 12/10 :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

there were three bars at the first place... at least i think there was. ;)

yeh i had totally sobered up by passion and then had to spend a lot more :(

i agree with you saying the F-RAG trip was better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

in the darnley lodge-trip A- there was only 1 bar. im pretty sure..

that's the place where the southside went right?

with the name Buck mulligans above the door?

maybe you actually went into the hotel instead of the club out back no?

i normally don't get triple vision when i drink but i saw three bars lol :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I was dissapointed I must say, both places we went to were pretty ****ty and i could of had a far better night in dublin. Charging 4.50 for a bottle of bud in Passion was just a joke. You'd think that the SU could name there price considering the amount of money the place made on the night

prices were a bit steep. it was in that buck mulligans, the place at the back ye, well i could be wrong but everyone seemed to at the one bar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Worst trip ever..

Although saying that, i'd like to thank all the people on bus 27 for being well behaved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I just recieved an apology from the DITSU for the behaviour of the people on the trip. Seems they're not too happy with the amount of alcohol consumed and the litter that was left.

lol, yeh it was bad alright.

saw one lad actually taking a piss on his mates leg outside the second club, the guy - who was getting pissed on was unaware - and when he realised he turned around and clubbed him and the bouncers started rushing over.

saw another guy in the toilets in the first club with his shirt covered in blood with his head in the sink trying to wash it off.

aungier street did look a mess though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

ah sure just blame the FAS guys and don't invite them back, if it ever happens again

Cremo wrote:
    saw another guy in the toilets in the first club with his shirt covered in blood with his head in the sink trying to wash it off.

if that was at the darnley lodge... his blood was on my skirt.. and on my mates bag..
    wasnt too nice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

hah, im glad i didn't go so!

ur lucky! i wish i didnt go either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

I went. Have to say the first place was alright, was getting really into it. The second place, Passion, i couldnt get into it at all. i think it was the food there kinda made me feel ill.

yeh it was at that darnley lodge place where i saw the guy with the blood.

Our bus driver (number 29) charged us 3 euros to get back on the bus, was well pissed off with that.

he also allowed people to smoke on the bus because he wanted to light up aswell.

next year i shall not be going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Cremo wrote:

Our bus driver (number 29) charged us 3 euros to get back on the bus, was well pissed off with that.

he also allowed people to smoke on the bus because he wanted to light up aswell.

I was on that bus! the bloody cheek of him!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Glad i didnt go either by the sounds of it. Interesting to see if it goes ahead next year.

Cremo wrote:

I was the steward on the bus beside ya. One fellaa from your bus asked to be put on my bus because he wasnt drinking or smoking on the bus and didn't wanna pay the €3.

I went mad and got cathal over and the bus driver told him it was his bus and he could do what he liked.

Its a pity there was drivers like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

What was the drivers name? Someone should report him. Not only is it illegal to smoke in the work place, but it's illegal to permit smoking in the work place as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Our yous should of just slashed the ***** tyres.

Our yous should of just slashed the ***** tyres.

now now theres no need for violence!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Was the same deal on bus 39. Driver said we could do anything once we all paid 2 euro. The steward was cool about it so didnt make people pay. So all the non smokers didnt pay, the bus driver sent yer man around to collect again. Absolute arse!
    The SU really should of taken more control over the people they employed to help with the event (Bus drivers etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

if what your saying is true, i know some people who will find that very interesting

if what your saying is true, i know some people who will find that very interesting

That drivers were taking bribes?

the steward (martin i think his name was) on our bus (29) was sound enough, but just to stress he had nothing to do with this charging to get back on the bus.

orla wrote:
    That drivers were taking bribes?

yeah, and i know that was what happened every year since the beginning of time, hell, i helped do it last year, but this year the stewards were given an hour long talk on this topic alone.

i kinda figured that people would be allowed smoke.

when i asked 'whats the plan to stop people smoking?'

the reply i got was 'everytime someone lights up, we are going to stop the bus'

'nuff said

Cremo wrote:
    the steward (martin i think his name was) on our bus (29) was sound enough, but just to stress he had nothing to do with this charging to get back on the bus.

Yeh I felt sorry for him. He said he didn't know what to do because he couldn't stop the bus driver from asking for money. The organisers couldn't even stop him so how would a steward be able to.

orla wrote:
    Yeh I felt sorry for him. He said he didn't know what to do because he couldn't stop the bus driver from asking for money. The organisers couldn't even stop him so how would a steward be able to.

in that same meeting, the organiser from marathon coaches said 'get to know your bus drivers, they will help you out and be your best friends'

i had to resist saying, ' have they been told this?'

yeah, and i know that was what happened every year since the beginning of time, hell, i helped do it last year, but this year the stewards were given an hour long talk on this topic alone.

i kinda figured that people would be allowed smoke.

when i asked 'whats the plan to stop people smoking?'

the reply i got was 'everytime someone lights up, we are going to stop the bus'

'nuff said

I for one felt like a right tit after telling loadsa people that they were serious this year about no drinking and then on the day they were allowed.

orla wrote:
    I for one felt like a right tit after telling loadsa people that they were serious this year about no drinking and then on the day they were allowed.

ditsu and the organisers had to kinda bow to the pressure. first of all they didnt advertise their plan until the day (well), and second of all, they could have started a riot if they hadnt

• Advertisement

ditsu and the organisers had to kinda bow to the pressure. first of all they didnt advertise their plan until the day (well), and second of all, they could have started a riot if they hadnt

They needed more volunteers aswell.
    I couldnt believe that they gave me a bus on my own.

Advertisement