Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else got their mocks really late?

Options
  • 17-02-2006 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Ours don't start till March 10th!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

hehe i thought i was bad with mine starting next week...

it seems everyone has theirs over...!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Mine are next week. I wish they were over. I've gotten to the stage where I don't care how I do, I just want them finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Muiriosa

Wow, 10th March does seem a good bit late. Mine starting next week too. Can't wait till they're over.
    Such a pain in the (insert your choice of word here)!

I'm gone crazy from looking at notes and books all week:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Mine start January 31st

...oh wait....

=D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

ah sickened mine are over :D:D:D

and they were sooo easy. don't know what all the fuss is about tbh, people just hype them up and get into a frenzy cuz they need 550 points to do medicine in trinity.

chill out lads, its not the final whistle. it's just the kick-off. :cool: ahhh this is the life...in bed with my ferrari, listening to my fav tunes..... not studying...... wish you were here!!! my late midterm mock friends :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Last week of mine next week, oddly enough they were split up over the midterm - week before, week after. Still have Business & French (Monday), Art on tuesday and history on thurs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i'm gonna join this thread now as apparently i've a second chem mock coming up next week!! like, who knew?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

Rob30888 wrote:
    Ours don't start till March 10th!
    your not alone! mine don't start till the 8th

they really are quite late...it worries me that if i don't get what i expected in my pre's i'll really start to panic, knowing the leaving is so near.

the three subjects that i really need to work on are art history, english and german. this is my first time doing art so i'm freaking out also, i haven't studied any poets/texts yet in english... :(

Aporia wrote:
    your not alone! mine don't start till the 8th

they really are quite late...it worries me that if i don't get what i expected in my pre's i'll really start to panic, knowing the leaving is so near.

the three subjects that i really need to work on are art history, english and german. this is my first time doing art so i'm freaking out also, i haven't studied any poets/texts yet in english... :(
    Don't worry too much about the Art history- we have (un)officially got the worst art history class in the history of all art history classes (history). You'll be grand, know a bit about Newgrange, also it's Cezanne's 100 year anniversary so he'll be likely. Just do loads of sketches to highlight your points and bada-boom bada-bing: Good grade!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

Daddio wrote:
    also it's Cezanne's 100 year anniversary so he'll be likely.

who!

i'm so dreading the exam i literally only have done medieval europe and pre christian ireland. the newgrange bit is fairly easy though

do you have to have every topic covered or could you leave out sections like georgian ireland and impressionism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Tbh, I'm not that worried about the mocks as they tend to be harder than the Leaving and it's all about "Learning from your mistakes" etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

The only thing about the mocks is that they're really just there for practise. Their purpose is a wake-up call to all those who haven't worked one bit to begin studying. They are good for a trial at the real thing, of course.

The only disadvantage is the so-called "down-marking" that takes place. That kind of thing might discourage students. If this does occur, it should stop. Students should be given the grade they deserve, not one below it.

My motto, well more of a mantra as of late:

Ah sure it's only the mocks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I have more on Monday, yes exams before and after the mid-term.

I'm not sure we've even done enough of some of the courses to even justify a full exam. That being said I care not what results I get and my parental units have been warned in advance of my poor grades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Mine start on the 7th of March- pretty late all right. We just finished out midterm tests too (only 2 days off for midterm :( ) so it feels like a bit of an exam avalanche at the minute. Im not sure how I feel about pres- some moments Im freaking, other moments Im lazily confident-not good!!:rolleyes:

ah ha ha ha ha :D:D this is great. the pre's are more important than the real thing, they really are extremely important and all of you should be panicking hard now.

lads, it's not acceptable to do bad in these exams, theres no excuses, you've had all year to study. you know whats on the exam basically having done all the past papers, so i will not tolerate poor results. fail, and your relegated to ordinary level, your college dreams smashed and crumpled right before your eyes. i cannot stress enough how important these exams are. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

smemon wrote:
    ah sickened mine are over :D:D:D

and they were sooo easy. don't know what all the fuss is about tbh, people just hype them up and get into a frenzy cuz they need 550 points to do medicine in trinity.

chill out lads, its not the final whistle. it's just the kick-off. :cool: ahhh this is the life...in bed with my ferrari, listening to my fav tunes..... not studying...... wish you were here!!! my late midterm mock friends :p

more like 590....

:| wrote:
    more like 590....

Looks like someone, amazing as they are, didnt read the points list properly :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Pez

*sigh* my mocks start monday ...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Johnner111

Mine start March 9th. Kinda sucks, but they'll be over for Paddy's weekend. We had christmas exams, they kinda helped revision wise i have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Starting on Wednesday.

Think they're following the Leaving Cert timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

dr.barbie wrote:

me?

:| wrote:
    me?

No!! sorry I wasnt very clear! I was having a cheap dig at the person you were quoting! sorry for the confusion! :)

dr.barbie wrote:

i dont give a bleep about medicine in trinity, i would have said 600 only for the fact that nobody but me has the potential to get that amount of points so i lowered it to take the rest of yee ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 amistyfog

I have my mocks starting tomorrow too, s****ing a brick. Higher Maths paper one first thing, im dreading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

smemon wrote:
    i dont give a bleep about medicine in trinity, i would have said 600 only for the fact that nobody but me has the potential to get that amount of points so i lowered it to take the rest of yee ;)
    The points system is being based on ego now?

Raphael wrote:
    The points system is being based on ego now?

Well if it is, then we know whos on his way to the top......

Thankfully though, its not. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rotten_eggz

March 13th! so any tips still welcome!

Advertisement