Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone recommend a Sat Nav system?

Options
  • 17-02-2006 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, anyone out there recommend a good GPS sat nav system for my car. i want something primarily for use around Ireland and the UK, but also i plan on going on a month long driving trip around western europe this summer (france/germany/netherlands and czech republic mostly) so i would idealy need something with maps of the major orads of europe. I have access to a friends copy of the tom tom maps for western europe (they are about 1gb in size) and i am wondering, if i bought a tom tom 300 and a 1gb SD memory card, would i be in business?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jehutey

tom toms are not bad but for the best accuracy you need a garmin 660 they are retailing at 630 euro at the moment but i am bringin them in at 450 if you want one mail me and tell me where you are based i am in dublin north if u interested here my e-mail odin@oceanfree.net

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

http://tinyurl.com/ywq9dn have a look at this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

I bought the AIRIS sat nav unit on pixmania for around €250. Will do everything you want it to do, search for other threads on this but i'd highly recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

There's one coming up in Aldi next thursday. http://www.aldi.ie/images/data_product/11283958645e4022daeebc.pdf

Would it be any good to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

Salmon wrote:
    I bought the AIRIS sat nav unit on pixmania for around €250. Will do everything you want it to do, search for other threads on this but i'd highly recommend it!
    I aggree with Salmon AIRIS is the best and i think its the only on that does ireland. england on it aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭sambora

The one in Aldi looks pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

The Garmin C320 is fine for Ireland UK and Western Europe and as far as I know it's retailing for around €230

Advertisement