Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piano versions of contempory music??

Options
  • 17-02-2006 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Ok, sorry for the weird request, but I heard a version of Neil Young's 'Old Man' done by Brad Mehldau on the piano the other day and I loved it. I found some other stuff of his, he does some great versions of Radio head tunes. So, it got me thinking.

Does anyone know any other artist who does modern(ish) (pop or other types, but not classical or anything like that) music on the piano (instrumentals)? I'm sure there are loads, but all I can find when I google is sheet music.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

i think this site is what your lookin for, http://www.vitaminrecords.com/web/page.asp?pgs=products&catid=30

you can listen to samples of most of the albums and theres also string quartet versions of a lot more stuff which is probably better imo

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Hitch-Hiker

Tori Amos did a version of Black by Pearl Jam which is pretty cool, although she leaves out the bridge :( I can't remember where it is though. Google can help out I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Was just about to suggest Mehldau. He's playing in Vicar street btw if you're interested. Info in Jazz/blues forum under the thread: Upcoming Jazz/blues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

playa3 wrote:
    you can listen to samples of most of the albums and theres also string quartet versions of a lot more stuff which is probably better imo
    i have a string quartet tribute to new order and joy division here. it ****ing rocks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Flinty

playa3 wrote:
    i think this site is what your lookin for, http://www.vitaminrecords.com/web/page.asp?pgs=products&catid=30

Brilliant mate, thanks a mill...exactly what I'm looking for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Flinty

Daddio wrote:
    Was just about to suggest Mehldau. He's playing in Vicar street btw if you're interested. Info in Jazz/blues forum under the thread: Upcoming Jazz/blues.

Nice one...will deffo check that out

Advertisement