Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Springfest

Options
  • 17-02-2006 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

So the details have been (more or less) announced, www.limerickspringfest.com , what do u think of the changes to the parade and of the bands?!?!?
    I like the party in the park idea!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

yeah sounds like a good idea, nice to see someone organising such an event. be good for the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

According to the Leader during the week the full timetable of events will be released on Monday. personally I prefer the Riverfest in May as town can be lethal with all the puking and drinking on Patrick's Day. Its easier to have a night out during riverfest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Glad to see the city finally waking up to the need for seasonal fesitivals. I'm willing to give the city authourities a few years to get it right though.

Personally I see Springfest more as a family parade type day, whereas Riverfest seems more focussed on the pubs and clubs. It'll be interesting to see how it all works out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Well at least this year I won't have a series of brass bands waking me up after working the previous night like i had on a previous year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Well at least this year I won't have a series of brass bands waking me up after working the previous night like i had on a previous year.

Amen to that.

Same thing happened to me when I lived near town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

yeah.. Springfest gets better every year (but the fireworks are no more). So does Riverfest, i must admit that Riverfest is more fun!!!!
    Eightball are the new guys organising this, i dunno... maybe they will focus the festivals to pubs and clubs (over 18's) which is a shame... really these festivals should be for the whole family!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Fireworks are needed ok I know I'm a big kid but I love em

I agree that 8ball mite make it a mainly adult thing as thats their main business but sure it can't be much worse than the event in King Johns Castle last paddies day ne1 remember the belly dancer in front of the parade.

Holy saints and belly dancing you'd think it was a match made in heaven.

Still though summerfest is the big limerick event and the Fun lovin Criminals are playin a concert this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Summerfest?? thats the big Killarany Event
    Riverfest is ou main festival, this one is springfest!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Limerick Man you are rite us poor eejits confusing ourselves with kerry ppl

Advertisement