Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Metallica_-_Master_Of_Puppets-front.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i wonder if in 18 or 19 years you'll do the same for st. anger :p

I'll dance on it's bleedin grave :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

Doctor J wrote:
    I'll dance on it's bleedin grave :v:

Yeah that and Reload. Wonder will there be any gigs in remembrance of Cliff as it'll be 20 years ago this September that he died. 'For Whom The Bell Bottoms Toll'

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Happy master of puppets day.
    I celebrate it every decade or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

No, Korn do not have turn tables and they, like many other nu-metal bands, they have no elements of dance music in their music.

Oh sorry, must have got them mixed up. But i have plenty of their stuff on tv to know that i think its shíte IMO. I just dont like that type of music at all, at all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Ah, how I wish I were old enough to remember that coming out... How I wish I were alive at the time. :v:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Happy master of puppets day.

Back at ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

*nods agreeingly while listening to the intro riff of MOP*

Dun.......

DEN......DEN..........DEN

DUN

Couple of interesting interviews here with Flemming Rasmussen and Torben Ulrich (Lars' dad).

• Advertisement

What are the interviews about?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

What are the interviews about?

You did read them didn't you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Pyr0 wrote:

I don't think you would even need to to make a wild guess for what they're about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Life wasn´t that good for the boys in recent years I suppose. I wish them well on their tour and hope their new album becomes an instant smasher.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

yeah, there one of my favourite bands ever and i have to say, im dissapointed in all the people s**ting on them all the goddamn time:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yeah, there one of my favourite bands ever and i have to say, im dissapointed in all the people s**ting on them all the goddamn time:eek:

well the band have been ****ting on their fans for quite some time in fairness

not really, they just went through a rough patch during st.anger with the drugs catching up with them and before that they were just touring and now they're makin a new album, how did they treat their fans like ****.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

not really, they just went through a rough patch during st.anger with the drugs catching up with them and before that they were just touring and now they're makin a new album, how did they treat their fans like ****.:confused:
    by making albums like all the ones they released since ...AJFA

Pyr0 wrote:

No.

I couldn't at the time.

Steoob wrote:
    by making albums like all the ones they released since ...AJFA
    What, no if they made an even more progressive album than AJFA they wouldnt be able to play any of the songs on it live (there are somtimes up to seven guitars playing on the album, this is why when they play most of the songs off AJFA they have to use recordings, just look at Binge and Purge).
    As for load and reload Jamz's voice went through a change and he was unable to shout like he used to so, they develop a new sound.
    Im not disagreeing that they started to play to different audiences but after you conquer metal, what are you supposed to do.
    But even then your answer dosent fit the question what did they do to their fans?.
    Made different music, so f*ckin what.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

Steoob wrote: »
    hey... i was thinking lately...what happens right if...bare with me... metallicas new album comes out and its actually good and somehow over the past year or so they found something that somehow magically makes them able to write like they used to and all of a sudden they release master of puppets part 2...

i dunno why idecided to post this and theres no real question i'd just like to hear your thoughts on it...

Well it can't get as bad as the S&M or St Anger albums they were really terrible.Their last album was a good return to form,back to the 'heavy' sound.
    Instead of trying to hard to reinvent themselves they should stick to the heavy sound that helped to build up the massive fanbase that they command.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Well it can't get as bad as the S&M or St Anger albums they were really terrible.Their last album was a good return to form,back to the 'heavy' sound.
    Instead of trying to hard to reinvent themselves they should stick to the heavy sound that helped to build up the massive fanbase that they command.

You'll find more action over in the Metallica Superthread, this fella is 8yrs old

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055884140

More important are they ever gonna gig here again, hoping theyll come here to promote this album. Everytime I see them on interweb they seem to be doing concerts in the most far flung countries in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Johnwayne98

Steoob wrote: »
    hey... i was thinking lately...what happens right if...bare with me... metallicas new album comes out and its actually good and somehow over the past year or so they found something that somehow magically makes them able to write like they used to and all of a sudden they release master of puppets part 2...

i dunno why idecided to post this and theres no real question i'd just like to hear your thoughts on it...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement