Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mutter V. Reise, Reise

• 17-02-2006 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭

One for the Rammstein fans.

I love both albums and think they are two of the greatest ever made, EVER.
    I can't think of which I prefer but would like to ask other fans which they prefer and why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Never listened to Mutter but i have Reise Reise and LOS and kine lust are brilliant
    songs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

IMO mutter has more tunes you can pop on and enjoy with instant gratification. reise reise was one i had to get used to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

My first experience with Rammstein was Mutter. When I first heard it, it just hit me like nothing before, I was sitting there listening and thinking the whole way through "this is fcuking class".

With Reise Reise, it was a bit different. It had to grow on me a bit, it's still good but IMO, nothing on Mutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

Mutter is the superior album, has more edge to it than Reise, Reise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Definately Reise Reise:
    Los, Amour, Morgenstern, Ohne Dich, Stein Um Stein, Kein Lust. All excellent songs. Moskau also has a certain charm to it.

Probably the best thing Mutter has going for it is Mein Hertz Brennt and Links. Although I'd rate Sehnsucht higher than Mutter, dont know why I just think Sehnsucht is a more consistantly good album. Mutter was also the first Rammstein album I got, but I didnt listen to it much a pretty much ignore Rammstein until Rosenrot came out, then I went and got a load of their albums (sehnsucht, Reise Reise, and Live in Berlin) and listen to them pretty often now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Reisie reise by a hair imo, It had something there that mutter just didnt have.I think it was that guitar tone, the first time i put it on i was like O **** yea this is the greatst thing ever.Both are top class though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,142 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Mutter is far superior.
    Its their best album and one of the best albums of its genre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I guess the reason I can't decide is because both are flawless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

I guess the reason I can't decide is because both are flawless.
    Yes indeed, they are the archetype of there genre imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Mutter ftw but just

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Reise Reise. But that said, I think both albums, after a stonking start, end weakly.

Mutter has some great tunes, Link 234, Sonne, Feur Frei, but Reise Reise works much better as an album

But both albums end the same, with sad songs.

But that said, I think both albums, after a stonking start, end weakly.
    Id disagree on that, the last 4 songs on Reise Reise (Morgernstern, Stein Um Stein, Ohne Dich, Amour) are imo the strongest songs on the album, Morgenstern probably being my favourite Rammstein song, however the second half of the album does have a very diffrent sound to the first half (the middle is actually different again with Moskau and Amerika, both pretty odd songs), I just prefere the more epic sound of the second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Thats a toughie but will have to say Mutter it has a little more of an edge plus Ich Will is my near favourite. But I adore Herzelied, its just so raw.

Woder what the odds are on them doing the World Cup anthem???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I prefer Mutter myself, I tend to listen to it straight through where as with Reise Reise there's a few songs I dont particularly love. Both albums are great

Oh and to Nea, yes Herzeleid is a brilliant album :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

Both are brilliant albums with classic songs, but I'd have to go with Mutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I'd have to choose Mutter, its one of those albums where I love every song, whereas Reise, Reise had one or two I wasnt mental about.

Poll! Poll!

I think the ending of both albums is weak, particularly Mutter. After Morgernstern, Reise Reise takes a bit of a tumble but Ohne Dich is still pretty good and it's really only Amour that's weak, but Nebel / Adios is a poor finish to an album that starts the way Mutter does...

Nightwish wrote:
    I'd have to choose Mutter, its one of those albums where I love every song, whereas Reise, Reise had one or two I wasnt mental about.

That's how I used to feel, but after listening to Reise, Reise alot more, it eventually found it's way to being on par with Mutter for me.
    only Amour that's weak, but Nebel / Adios is a poor finish to an album that starts the way Mutter does...
    No way!
    They are beautiful songs that beautifully end beautiful albums!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Pjays

it has got to be mutter. for me i feel there is no comparison. reise reise just doesnt compare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭slave2thewage

Difficult decision, but probably Reise, Reise by the thinnest of hairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Love both albums hard to pick one but I think Mutter is better, Sonne, Ich Will and Zwitter are all fantastic songs, though Reise Reise has one of my favourite songs of the moment in Moskau really good song IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Metacortex

Im going to go with Mutter.
    Like other have said, it took a while to get into Reise Reise but Mutter had me hooked straight away.

Interesting - those that pick Mutter say that there's no comparison between the two and Mutter is way better. Those who pick Reise Reise only ever say it's marginally better than Mutter.

Interesting - those that pick Mutter say that there's no comparison between the two and Mutter is way better. Those who pick Reise Reise only ever say it's marginally better than Mutter.
    Pugsley wrote:
    Definately Reise Reise:
    Not all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 HisInfernalEmo

Id say Mutter just beats Reise Reise. But i'd prefer Herzeleid to both of them.

I think Mutter is more appealing from the offset whereas Reise, Reise has to be listened to a few times to grab you in the same way.

I think I've finally made my mind up.

I prefer Reise, Reise.
    It's so much more melodic and musical.

How many times has this thread been ressurected now? that the 4th? :rolleyes:

ps: yay for covnertee's

• Advertisement

Pugsley wrote:
    How many times has this thread been ressurected now?

Not nearly enough.

When everyone realises how great Rammstein are, then we can stop.

Advertisement