Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hand Car Wash In Dublin

Options
  • 17-02-2006 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭

I was driving around today and decided i'd like to pop the car into a garage for a wash but the only places I could find were the automatic ones.

My aerial doesnt retract so isnt suitable and besides would prefer the hand held spray type washes to clean where it needs extra cleaning. Are there any hand held spray type washes in the Rathgar/Terenure/Rathmines area ?

I was on the Booterstown coast road today and pulled into the Shell garage as had washed there before but there was a 10 car queue I kid you not so drove out again, clearly car owners like this sort of washing!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Longfield wrote:
    I was driving around today and decided i'd like to pop the car into a garage for a wash but the only places I could find were the automatic ones.

My aerial doesnt retract so isnt suitable and besides would prefer the hand held spray type washes to clean where it needs extra cleaning. Are there any hand held spray type washes in the Rathgar/Terenure/Rathmines area ?

I was on the Booterstown coast road today and pulled into the Shell garage as had washed there before but there was a 10 car queue I kid you not so drove out again, clearly car owners like this sort of washing!!

On the way to Tallaght, before the M50 on the dual carriageway from Templeogue Village, after the Spawell there is 2 power hose car washes. That the type?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Noels Car Wash down here always has a queue, purely a sign of too much money and not enough energy in my book! I prefer to spend 30 mins doing it myself as I always do a better job.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

Buy a good power washer, a sponge, and a bottle of suds!

Takes 10 minutes on a sunday and pays for itself in a few months.

And it is good exercise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

The Statoil station beside Rathfarnham shopping centre has a hand car wash, costs €4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

mike65 wrote:
    I prefer to spend 30 mins doing it myself as I always do a better job.

Mike.

A perfectionist :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Gafneys beside the esso and paddy lumleys just near aideen ave on the lower kimmage road. They do a hand wash ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Max_Damage wrote:
    The Statoil station beside Rathfarnham shopping centre has a hand car wash, costs €4.

Aha!, that sounds like just the job, i'll be there tomorrow morning, thanks!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

€4????? Cheap.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

I think it's €4, haven't been there in a while. Or was it €6........well anyway, it's cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,403 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

It is €4, went there this morning and no queues :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Texaco beside the Foxhunter on the N4 does hand washes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I've never run my car through a car wash....I go out every Saturday without fail and wash mine by hand...and sometimes do the parent's cars too when I'm feeling kind

Advertisement