Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rag/Shag Week

• 17-02-2006 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭

so it's over now. and tbh, i barely noticed it started. rag week seemed to revolve around some crappy competitions and the rag trip. that's it.

lots of posters for shag week, but there was nothing going on but 1 organised night out (from what i could see)

was it just me or did the week go by as if nothing was happening? or maybe it's because i'm in the social wasteland that is kevin st.?

to sum the week up, "meh"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

the social wasteland that is kevin st.?

What a perfect description :)

I thought it was OK though I have been out with flu for three days. I think the hoolabalooza thingy could have been better advertised (in Kevin Street at least) and would have been better being on the Thursday or Friday with the RAG trip at the beginning of the week. That way it would be a proper big finale that could involve everyone from the college, unlike the RAG Trip (which most people I know didn't even go on).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

It was almost non-existant compared to what it was made out to be. I was thinking it was to be the highlight of the year, but it really really wasn't. It was just another week to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Having an assignment in the middle of rag-week is always a good way to ruin it aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Having an assignment in the middle of rag-week is always a good way to ruin it aswell.

on the day of rag trip no less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I go to aungier St and apart from tuesday and Thursday (the rag trip) I dont think there was anything on. Either it was just poorly advertised or it was just sh1t.

Wasn't impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Ichiro

Did anyone catch the band that played on wed? that the SU organised?
    I thought they were good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i think that was republic of loose.

yeah, it was just a normal week to me.
    they should make surprise breakins to random claasses during the week, with kegs......duffman style.
    now that would make a good rag week.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

they should make surprise breakins to random claasses during the week, with kegs......duffman style.

Problem is, as far as I know, it's not officially sanctioned by the college which is why classes still go on and assignments are due in. That situation really needs to be sorted out, it should be an official week for debauchery and fundraising even if it means shifting it to the same time as the 'review' weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Ichiro

i think that was republic of loose.

No they were on Monday outside, this Band played Wednesday in Java city in Ang St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Yeah, nothing much happened. I think I missed every class that week, assuming that everyone else would too. I was mistaken. ugh.
    Republic of Loose were good, Loveapolooza yoke was terrible.. the general buzz in Aungier st. was rather ****e... everyone waiting for something to happen, but then the general realisation that nothing would, lead to a mad anti-climax feeling in everyones tum tum.
    Rag Trip was rather ****e... they should have given people more notice about the no alcohol thing;shouldn't have allowed the clubs to rip us off;organised it a hell of a lot better.
    Bit of an oul joke really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement