Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Honda Civic?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

lomb wrote:
    are they? when is the new corolla coming? i heard 2007,in dire need of an update imho, the game has moved on with the new golf, astra et all.

My point is that even a car like the Corolla that's out for four years is sold out this month. so it's hardly surprising that the Civic sold out, especially considering the small amounts they're bringing in!

Don't forget that the Corolla is still a massive seller, and Toyota don't need to regularly pre-reg hundreds of cars to boost their sales figures

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

yea i agree with pretty much everyone here, the front looks cool and impressive but the back is just awful. If I was to get a honda it would be the 2.2 accord diesel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Here's some pics of the new Type R that was launched in Geneva a few days back,we wont see any untill 2007 tho!

I think it looks rather modified/futuristic.The rear im still not mad about but im sure it'l grow on me!

civictyper06_02.jpg

civictyper06_03.jpg

More about it here --> http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/civic_type-r.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

type R looks like Lego car, i have to say New Civic Si (sold in US) would be my choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Have to say, I like the Type-R. I really like that the cleaned up the back and not as much glass and plastic. Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh - but don't think I would buy yellow! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

It's arse looks like it was designed by a Japansese adolescent who has just discovered Harajuku girls following years of Gotham Racing and Gran Turismo and gone on some mad w@nking and car designing frenzy. Just my 2 cents.

No doubt it will sell by the bucket load though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Been having a real good like at this car and I love it.

Hard to find any faults with it bar two.

1.4 is underpower and its fat because of all the gadgets it has. 1300kg.

Drove the 1.8 and wow, again due to its weight it not lighting pace at 140bhp, but the bit I liked was the 44mpg from a 1.8.

Well done Honda - the stuff that dreams are made of.

The design of the exterior takes a bit of getting use to. Personally i prefer the Type R spoiler that the normal one. But the interior is very very nice indeed.

Sadly the insurance company didnt again and gave me a 4500e quoted fully comp for a new 1.8 Civic.

This is outrageous. One of the safest cars, best built, great fuel economy.

Back to the Astra sadly. Someday am 23 this year so only three more years till i hit 25 a cheap quotation should be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Ratchet

kluivert wrote:
    4500e quoted fully comp for a new 1.8 Civic.

:eek: this sucks big time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

Not a fan of the new civic hatchback. Like the front, reminds me of the old ford tauras. But like someone else said; there is just too much going on at the back.

Now was never a fan of the saloons but spotted one out by Johnny Foxs and it looked ok. Nice clean lines. The 1.4 hybrid version, i reckon, would be a good buy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Andy_R

I got my new Civic 1.8 2 weeks ago and I'm delighted with it. I didn't believe the claims about fuel economy but they're true. For the first 2,000 km I got just over 40 mpg. My old 1.4 averaged 34 mpg! The spec is excellent and there's more than enough power for Irish roads. I love the highly geraed steering too, just over 2 turns from lock to lock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Andy_R wrote:
    I got my new Civic 1.8 2 weeks ago and I'm delighted with it. I didn't believe the claims about fuel economy but they're true. For the first 2,000 km I got just over 40 mpg. My old 1.4 averaged 34 mpg! The spec is excellent and there's more than enough power for Irish roads. I love the highly geraed steering too, just over 2 turns from lock to lock.

Thats bloody great! Enjoy the new car!

You ll never get the fuel economy that are the published figures. But you ll come close. Last week I drove my Astra 99 1.4 really carefully barely ever hitting over 50 mph and I got 40.3 mpg. I was happy with that.

But feck I love the new Civic, what is the Insurance like. Any chance of any pics, very nice interior as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Andy_R

Insurance is up for renewal now, I got a fully comp quote of €680 from Allianz Direct. I was with FBD up to now but they're €180 more expensive than that this year. I'm 30 with full no claims discount and no penalty points.

Advertisement