Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making Sile DeValera an offer she can't refuse?

Options
  • 17-02-2006 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

So what's with Bertie going on clare FM and putting it up to Sile DeValrea to resign her ministry? Do ministers not standing for re-election stand down?
    She seems to be giving him the two fingers at the mo...

http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/0217/politics.html

For a normaly astute guy he seems to have seriously misjudged this one on all sorts of levels

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Well, hes got to pacify Sean Haughey and friends somehow. And its a way he can pass any blame from himself to "selfish" Sile for not giving up her post. I agree though, hes needlessly upset people inside his own party/organisation. I think what bothers FFers the most is that no one quietly warned Haughey that he was not a shoo in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

the real question is what exactly can bertie do to her? the womans gonna retire anyway so its not like he can threaten her with removal from the ballot ticket. and unlike some of the other muppets in FF she's not connected to anything even remotely embarrasing.

you ask me she's gonna ride out the next 17 months just to spite bertie. possibly followed by a tell all memoir:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

As one journalist pointed out there was no honourable way out for Sile DeValera after Bertie made is remarks about 'a long tradition in Fianna Fail'. If she hung on she would be seen as letting the side down, or if she was kicked out that would be a huminliation.
    It is now so obvious she is lying IMO. Bertie being characteristically shrewd. He is the most sly, dishonest, popularist, coward. I am sick of his ambigous style. No human on the planet didn't have an opinion on the Iraq war, but Bertie.

Advertisement