Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

White Van Man's latest weapon?

Options
  • 17-02-2006 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭

Wonder if they're going to import these here. saw a UK plated one on the N7 yesterday, and it looks very impressive.
    LDV-Maxus-LP1hr.jpg
    You might know LDV, they bought the tooling for the old Rover 400 series van, and made it from 1996, and still make minibus and chassis cab (Convoy)
    VS%20white%20stavebni.jpg
    seems LDV are about the only UK motor company successfully mass producing anything!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

i had a loan off a LDV van when we moved house last year,when we opened the bonnot there was FORD written on the engine rocker cover,they must use old transit engines,it looked like an old design engine.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

looks like a mix between a sprinter and an old model transit

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The old LDV convoy used the same engine as the Transit, but this new van cost £500 million to design, it was a joint venture with Daewoo, but then GM bought Daewoo out, and LDV brought all the tooling to the UK.
    It's great to see a relatively small manufacturer coming up with a credible rival to the Transit, Master and Sprinter

I agree with the similarity to the old Transit, as i overtook it last night, i thought it was simply a rehashed old model Transit. but apparently it's all new.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Looks like an iveco

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

wel it is a van! i suppose they couldn't go nuts on it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement