Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A little bit of vindication for Ronaldo...

• 17-02-2006 10:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

... I see CHRISTIANO Ronaldo's Suzuki ad was finally restored tonight after the whole 'rape' debacle... Personally I think it's disgusting that this woman was allowed to get away with such false accusations and that, only now, six months later, CHRISTIANO Ronaldo is finally beginning to escape the mess that she created.

What do you all think? Should she have been prosecuted?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Once it's been proved false she should be charged, but really it's up to Ronaldo to press charges I guess, maybe he just wants to get on with the whole thing.
    It's becoming a trend sadly, just think about Van Persie during pre-season. Players need to be careful, but these hussies shouldn't get away with it either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Can we have a rule where If people ar etalking about Cristiano Ronaldo they at least put C.Ronaldo? He is not the real Ronaldo.

Sorry bout the OT post but I thought this thread was about Ronaldo, which is why i opened it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I think it's just a fact of life really. If you start prosecuting women for false rape allegations then you'll have lobby groups on your back about further discouraging women from reporting sexual assault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I seen the latest issue of kick (for kids) and theres a pull out of him in it. tosser!;)

CHRISTIANO RONALDO
    Get to know uniteds sensation! A What?
    Catch his footwork wizardry!... YES they say "wizardry!"

2 Bonus RONALDO posters! FFS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Once it's been proved false she should be charged, but really it's up to Ronaldo to press charges I guess

Unforunately you just can't do that. Do you think its right that a woman who was raped could be sued because they couldn't prove it was rape.
    Also rape law in Ireland and England will absolutely blow your mind, what is required to prove that it was rape is shocking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Stekelly wrote:
    Can we have a rule where If people ar etalking about Cristiano Ronaldo they at least put C.Ronaldo? He is not the real Ronaldo.

Sorry bout the OT post but I thought this thread was about Ronaldo, which is why i opened it.
    Yes same here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

As people said, the only way you can prosecute is if they admit they lied, then probably get community service for obstruction of justice. As PHB said already its incredibly hard to prove rape, and theres too many women who wont report as it is, never mind if they could be prosecuted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

well considering he plays for manu(most supported club along with liverpool and celtic in Ireland) it is a force of habit to call him ronaldo by most people as apart form la liga on the old digital "the ronaldo" isnt much in the limelight.

And "the" Ronaldo isnt a footballing god that has trademarked his own name.

A "rule"? whats wrong with calling someone by there second name..tuff **** if you had to open the page!!!

PHB wrote:
    Unforunately you just can't do that. Do you think its right that a woman who was raped could be sued because they couldn't prove it was rape.
    You're right there, although I was under the impression that it was proved that she was lying in this case, rather than it being dropped because she couldn't prove it was rape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Open a poll, for when a football supporter see's or hear's the player Ronaldo, who do they think of

a) Ronaldo (Real Madrid / Brazil)
    b) Christina Ronaldo (ManU / Portugal)

No one's attacking the player, just the usage of some thread titles(which are usually crappy on this forum anyway)

Similar when you see a thead about Keane (Robbie/Roy) or Cole (Joe/Andrew) or Neville (Phil / Gary), you see what I'm getting at?

Anyway, thats all horribly off topic, but you'll find that Ronaldo(the real one) is in fact a footballing God, you'd be hard pushed to call C.Ronaldo that and he can only hope of having a career as good as Ronaldo

• Advertisement

zabbo wrote:
    Open a poll, for when a football supporter see's or hear's the player Ronaldo, who do they think of

No one's attacking the player, just the usage of some thread titles(which are usually crappy on this forum anyway)

Similar when you see a thead about Keane (Robbie/Roy) or Cole (Joe/Andrew) or Neville (Phil / Gary), you see what I'm getting at?

Anyway, thats all horribly off topic, but you'll find that Ronaldo(the real one) is in fact a footballing God, you'd be hard pushed to call C.Ronaldo that and he can only hope of having a career as good as Ronaldo

A) It's Christiano Ronaldo, not Christina :p
    B) What has the "real" Ronaldo done in recent seasons that merits him being called a 'football god'?
    C) Who is sad enough to complain that they took half a second out of their life to open a thread??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭dr zoidberg

zabbo wrote:

No one's attacking the player
    ... just giving him a woman's name :D Agree with the point though, everytime I see "Ronaldo" I think of Ronaldo Luiz N. d. L. not Cristiano Ronaldo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

B) What has the "real" Ronaldo done in recent seasons that merits him being called a 'football god'?

He has done enough already in his career to be considered a God, and he still an excellent player. He would still make it into every team in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I have to admit I also thought that this thread was about Ronaldo of Real Madrid.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

evilhomer wrote:
    I have to admit I also thought that this thread was about Ronaldo of Real Madrid.

As did I

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Kingp35 wrote:
    As did I

As did I.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭CrazySka

Sorry for OT but the people who are complaining avout wasting their time opening the thread are wasting a lot more time by posting on it.

In fairness to the woman in question, These thing have to be investigated and we dont know what kind of pressure/money is thrown at these situations to make them go away, if your a 21 yr old footballer whose been heralded as the next big thing since you were 16, been given a huge salry and been put on magazines with your shirt off, maybe youd find it hard to beleive that a woman would say no. especially if you were as arrogant a wan*** as C.Ronaldo is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

if your a 21 yr old footballer whose been heralded as the next big thing since you were 16, been given a huge salry and been put on magazines with your shirt off, maybe youd find it hard to beleive that a woman would say no. especially if you were as arrogant a wan*** as C.Ronaldo is.

Are you implying that you think he raped her?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

PHB wrote:

He implying no-one knows what happened. Unless the girl has come out and admitted she lied no one can come on and call her a "liar" or accuse her of making it up.

Originally Posted by PHB

Im simply saying that just because the story disappeared, it doesnt prove beyond a doubt that the guy is innocent. When you talk about one of Man Utd s most valuable(in monetary terms anyway) players, theres a lot of powerful people behind the scenes who are there just to make stories like this go away so who knows what happened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

john_dub wrote:
    especially if you were as arrogant a wan*** as C.Ronaldo is.

Do you know him personally? Guessing not so best not to reduce yourself to calling other teams players **** because you dont like them.

She went to a newspaper before she went to the police.

Kdjac

Im a man u fan kdjac, so can i now slag off my own players if thats ok with u??

Perhaps wan*** is the wrong word, i could have got my point accross without that tacked onto the end of the sentence. I did nt realise i had to personally know someone to have an opinion on an internet message board, surprised theres so many posts on this site in fact, a lot of people here must know Bill Gates eh?

im assuming from the way C.Ronaldo acts that he is arrogant, thats my opinion maybe hes the most down to earth guy in the world but in my view every action he takes says differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

john_dub wrote:
    Im a man u fan kdjac, so can i now slag off my own players if thats ok with u??

Perhaps wan*** is the wrong word,.

Sorry you misunderstood, that was a nicely worded warning as not to engage in abusing players, as stated in the soccer charter which you agreed to before you gained access. Sorry if you misunderstood but dont abuse players in such a fashion or you will be banned.

kdjac

Fair enough man, slip of the keyboard late last night and it just came out.

The kind of anger i have about ronaldo is the fact i believe him and others like him are responsible for the lack of urgency in uniteds play when that same urgency was one of the many factors that made them great. unfortunately that anger made me break the charter and i apologise for that but not my own personal opinion of the player.

Advertisement