Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Golf GT TDI

Options
  • 18-02-2006 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Im looking to sell my car in the next week or two and im looking for some advise on the price and what I really should be looking for and what really I should get for the car.
    Ok here is all the details of the car , excuse the lack of pictures as im not selling it yet so no need for pics just yet :)

Volkswagen Golf Gt TDi (red i) 110BHP
    NCT until 3/2007
    110,000miles
    Service history
    Recaro interior (GTI SPEC)
    All colour coded
    17" alloy wheels
    Sound system in car
    Full nokia blue tooth car kit
    Non-smokers car
    Alarm / immobiliser
    E/W, ABS, P/S, E/M
    AIR CON / Climate control

Really clean car and well looked after the only reason im selling the car is that im leaving for Australia soon and I will be sad to see it go but none the less it has to go.

So what you think guys , I know people are going to say the miles are big but I have a full service history with the car and its well looked after . Full receipts for people to see etc.
    So what do the experts think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Weird i am looking for one of these at the moment but going to the UK to buy one cos i am movin there in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Weird i am looking for one of these at the moment but going to the UK to buy one cos i am movin there in the summer.

Well mine is for sale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

So much cheaper in the Uk..... :D or i will swop my 94 e36 316i!!!

Well we aint in the uk , thanks for the comment though. Hope you get one that you like. Its teh best car i have ever had in the last 4 years ! Dream to drive.

They seem to be going for around €10,000 down to €9,000 on CBG.ie and the autotrader. So any advice I would be thankful guys for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

ul get 9 for it

Well im certainly hoping to get in and around that for the car all going well ! Im also going to get some pictures up here as soon as i get the digi cam out !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

What colour is it?

blue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

I thought the VW Golf GT TDI was 130bhp....is it an actual GT model or just a suuped up basic/comfort/highline model 1.9Tdi?

Just did a bit of googling and turns out there is a 110bhp GT variant
    link Sorry about that

• Advertisement

fletch wrote:
    I thought the VW Golf GT TDI was 130bhp....is it an actual GT model or just a suuped up basic/comfort/highline model 1.9Tdi?

Just did a bit of googling and turns out there is a 110bhp GT variant
    link Sorry about that

Im not a boy racer with the tags , its like it says on the tin GT TDI !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I thought GT TDI was 150BHP?

Sorry to be jumping in, but im in the market for a TDI atm, always thought above..

There is different versions , red i , red i and d etc mine is the 110bhp. Quick i tell thee

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

you should easily get €10000 for it, it has a high spec and should fetch that bit more than a standard tdi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

draffodx wrote:
    you should easily get €10000 for it, it has a high spec and should fetch that bit more than a standard tdi

I'm not sure how many people you will find willing to invest €10k in a seven year old car with 110k, even with the slightly odd Irish fixation with the golf. People are not willing to pay over the odds for specifications on a s/h car.

Personally If I was buying 8k would be my absolute ceiling and it would want a 12mth warranty with that. Some will probably pay more though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

maidhc wrote:
    I'm not sure how many people you will find willing to invest €10k in a seven year old car with 110k, even with the slightly odd Irish fixation with the golf. People are not willing to pay over the odds for specifications on a s/h car.

Personally If I was buying 8k would be my absolute ceiling and it would want a 12mth warranty with that. Some will probably pay more though.

I don't understand it myself, the 2nd market is a bit nuts at the moment. 10K is almost a third to a half the price of a new one. With 9-10 years less mileage. Still try for 10k what have you got to loose. I've seen 1.6 passats with similar mileage for 8k. I think its crazy aswell. But if you can sell it at that, then do!

the miles are hugh,anything over 85000 and people start to run. thats why people like shown on primetime clocked cars from 120+ to under 85. it will be interesting to see what u get but 9 is what i think you will get.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

maidhc wrote:

Looking at carzone and the autotrader, baseline models with similiar mileage are for sale at around 8 - 9k and a baseline is bog standard, so the op could if he got the right buyer get 9 - 10 k

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

taken from the VRT website:
    The information requested in respect of the vehicle shown is indicated below.
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION(MM/YY): JUNE 1999
    OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE:
    (applicable on enquiry date) €8229
    RATE OF TAX: 25.0%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €2057

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

110k miles is a lot "of leg".

• Advertisement

Well i know the miles are big but they are motor way miles and not only that there is the full service history to go with the car , so that gives me a good selling factor as well with the car. Im going to take a few pictures this week and put them up here for sale in a seperate for sale thread. If any of you guys are interested in viewing the car just let me know. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

110K is a lot but i've seen diesels run around the clock and back again... It all depends on how its been driven.

Good luck with the sale.

The car is 6 and a half years old , the miles on it work out about 20,000 a year. Thats not much at all guys think about it.

i drove a 2002 peugeot 406 estate with 2.0 hdi diesel engine with 90000 miles and it was well and truely shagged. the stearing was hanging out of it, the weight of a diesel engine and french build quality is not a good combination.
    volkswagen is a whole different kettle of fish and your car most probably is hardly run in, but people dont tend to like high milers, just a fact of life. best of luck with the sale, it is still a very sought after car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

lomb wrote:
    volkswagen is a whole different kettle of fish and your car most probably is hardly run in, but people dont tend to like high milers, just a fact of life. best of luck with the sale, it is still a very sought after car.

I have a 95 ford mondeo with 160k, and it drives perfect and saving an accident will see 200k without a bother. But it isnt worth 1k.

I would have no problem buying a car with 110k, but as I said above, not for practically the same money that can buy an 03 Focus TDCI with half the miles! :)

Having said that; with current market for golfs it probably will make 8k.

Advertisement