Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rick O Shea vs Ray Foley

• 18-02-2006 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

A simple poll. Battle of the national night-time jocks. 2FM's Rick O'Shea vs Today FM's Ray Foley. Please do not post crap here, just vote.

Fingers on buzzers...

Who do you listen to (most) 46 votes

Rick O'Shea
    0% 0 votes
    Ray Foley
    100% 46 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

clear winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

I maybe biased:) having worked with him in the past but Ray seems to be ahead in the poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rockystar

Ray foley is just the best!! he rocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 *Super*Star*

Rick O Shea is legend! (just my opinion) I loved him on 104 and I really love his 2fm show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

No "dont listen to either muppet" option....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭vibrant

I chose Rick because when I used to listen to him, I really enjoyed the topics he would chat about. However, the music he played was woeful (which I suspect was part of the RTE playlist, not sure how much control he had over it). Then RTE told him to talk less, and play more music, so I totally stopped listening to him.

I think he is a promising radio personality, but maybe has his wings clipped a bit by his employers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

after a while o'shea's voice did me head in.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

vibrant wrote: »
    I chose Rick because when I used to listen to him, I really enjoyed the topics he would chat about. However, the music he played was woeful (which I suspect was part of the RTE playlist, not sure how much control he had over it). Then RTE told him to talk less, and play more music, so I totally stopped listening to him.

I think he is a promising radio personality, but maybe has his wings clipped a bit by his employers.

i agree with this, its very disappointing. the music is chronic and you just know Rick O Shea doesnt have any passion at all behind most of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I don't get why someone would dig up a two year old thread about which of two national DJ's you prefer just to say they don't listen to either of them (which ISN'T an option and is therefore irrelevant).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Rick O Shea is legend! (just my opinion) I loved him on 104 and I really love his 2fm show!

hes my least favourite broadcaster who has ever lived and i include loraine keane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

+1

I couldn't agree more. What a silly move 2fm management made earlier this year. Something tells me that will backfire in the ratings books for this year but they'll blame the poor ratings on the unemployment figures...

Its a pity Micheal Cahill didn't swallow some of his own medicine on a Sat morning and played more music and did less kakkin about hens....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

bbability wrote: »
    I couldn't agree more. What a silly move 2fm management made earlier this year. Something tells me that will backfire in the ratings books for this year but they'll blame the poor ratings on the unemployment figures...

Absolutely. Rick's a great broadcaster. Having him neutered is ridiculous. 2FM are trying to do what American radio is up to these days; removing radio personalities and having iPods with ads on them. Sooner or later they have to realise people listen to personalities moreso then the music. How many topics do you see here about playlist content ? Rare. It's all about the jocks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They both play decent music but Rick FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I listen to neither of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Absolutely. Rick's a great broadcaster. Having him neutered is ridiculous. 2FM are trying to do what American radio is up to these days; removing radio personalities and having iPods with ads on them. Sooner or later they have to realise people listen to personalities moreso then the music. How many topics do you see here about playlist content ? Rare. It's all about the jocks!

They've been doing that since 98FM came on the air 20 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

bbability wrote: »
    +1

Its a pity Micheal Cahill didn't swallow some of his own medicine on a Sat morning and played more music and did less kakkin about hens....

michael cahill , irelands smuggest man , still a million times less annoying than rick o shea though , luckily the great phoney fenton is on at the same time as o shea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Wow, from 2006 to present day and Foley is no longer even a night time DJ.

I love his show in its present location after Ray Darcy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 LuapSnobbig

Only man on 2fm is Will Leahy.. Pure Class... As for Ray Foley.. The man is the legend that Radio needed.... Ray Jp and Adele are Radio Icons.... Legends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭GirlatdRockShow

go on foley,so much better than rick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Only man on 2fm is Will Leahy.. Pure Class... As for Ray Foley.. The man is the legend that Radio needed.... Ray Jp and Adele are Radio Icons.... Legends

wow, i feel sick. Foley is ok but by no means perfect or original and will leahy is an rte lick-arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I don't listen to either but I've flicked over to O'Shea a few times over the last few weeks and he really does play the worst music. Last week he was playing Anastacia, today I heard I Believe I Can Fly by R. Kelly. Can't think of other examples right now but even though I'm not a fan of Foley at all, I think the music on his show is a little better.

OK, yes, ray foley is funny.

But he is an arse.

Just....an arse.

He only won any of his awards because he pimped himself on the show to all those "fer deh craic" hed de balls who listen in (the kinda guys who think pissing in doorways isn't a problem). I wonder if Ray tried to pull off the same tactic here?

I like Rick because he usually talks about funny stuff.

And he has both a twitter and a blog. Outside of RTE.

But then again I'm a nerd. Who doesn't like people taking the p*ss out of innocents.
    (On Rick O'Shea) I think he is a promising radio personality, but maybe has his wings clipped a bit by his employers.

True.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Ray Foley is the king ;-)

oh ya and ray ......... LOVE the show

Stargate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

I Think Rick Is Better To Be Honest

Advertisement