Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 2, Episode 17: "The Captain's Hand"

• 18-02-2006 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭

Lee Adama works alongside the increasingly unstable new commander of the Pegasus when a Raptor scouting party goes missing.

Source: Gateworld

How was this week's episode? 42 votes

It was amazing!
    0% 0 votes
    It was great!
    16% 7 votes
    It was okay...
    69% 29 votes
    It was crap!
    14% 6 votes
    I'd rather watch Andromeda!
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

I knew I forgot about something! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

Fenster wrote:
    I knew I forgot about something! :eek:

It's ok, I've got your back and anyway I finally got to create my first poll! :D

Should have made the poll public - would love to see who dared to vote for Andromeda!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Just finished watching it now. Galactica seems very much back on form with this episode, but it seems more setup for the finale than anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Just noticed this forum :)

Anyways very good episode keeping the excelent galactica form and as Fenster said definatly building up to something big as two or three stories heading to a great conclusion (only 2 episodes left afaik)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Does anyone think its insanity appointing Lee Adam commander of the Pegasus. Surely Tigh was next in line and has WAY more command experience than Adam Jnr.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

i can see father and son going head to head again:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

pretty cool, did cringe a bit at Adamas decision to put Adama Junior in charge of the Pegasus

oohh that baltars a nasty piece of work...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Ti is unreliable and the Admiral knows that (ie how he messed up when he got shot). While he trusts him to keep the ship runnng i dont think he trusts him to do the big job.
    Lee handled the situation well when he got dumped in command and thats probably why he got it.

Great episode :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

B-K-DzR wrote:
    Lee handled the situation well when he got dumped in command and thats probably why he got it.

Great episode :D
    Ya could see it coming from day one - thought for a few secs he was gonna put Starbuck as the XO of the "Beast" -

Good Ep - back on track and loved the conference at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Peace wrote:
    Does anyone think its insanity appointing Lee Adam commander of the Pegasus. Surely Tigh was next in line and has WAY more command experience than Adam Jnr.

He made a right mess the last time he was in command of Galactica. And he made it very clear to Adama that he never wanted to be anything other than second-in-command.

I think Lee was the only clear choice left. If they had to appoint an engineer as Commander of the Pegasus, then they were obviously desperate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Dunners

Great Episode but surely Baltar won't become President, they'll have to expose him first and what ever happened to the nuke?

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

There was a reason Scotty never captained a ship :v: (shuttles don't count).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

great episode much better than sg1 yet again

big finanle comming up i expect we will find out another cylon i was happy to still see the cylons appearing in force.

i wonder how many base stars they actually have out there also i liked the way one of the basestars retreated because it shows cylon fear over the fact that they can die

with the last 3 commanders of pegasus dying i can see lee following the way of the other commanders and going dead.

out of all the main charactors i think that lee is the most killable because starbuck adama balter ect are all very important lee is just kinda important

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

BSG seemed to be back on track this week and I liked the fact it wasn't shying away from the hard questions of repopulating the fleet. Thought it dealt with the issue well given the subject matter.

Baltar is proving to be a shrewd political strategist guided in part by Six, Gina and now Zarek. I can see him becoming President but what that would entail for the fleet I'm not quite sure. What would Roslin's role on the show be then? Can't imagine her taking the vice-presidential role having tasted the power of office.

At least they're not going down the Voyager Ensign Kim route in BSG and promotions are swift. Lee has gone from Captain to Major to Commander in a matter of months I'm guessing. This is how it should work in time of war. Hope no one accuses the Old Man of nepotism! :D

I hadn't read much on this episode in advance but when the Pegasus was ambushed, did anyone else feel the Beast was about to be slain?

Really looking forward to next week's episode "Downloaded" as we spend quality time with Sharon, Six and D'Anna Biers! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Great episode alright. With this and last weeks episode they really do seem back on track (I was getting worried there for a while).

Can't see Baltar becoming president but can't wait to see it all come to a head... my money is on his ties with the cylons getting exposed causing him to leave the fleet and join the cylons.

Whatever happens, it should be interesting. Looking forward to 'Downloaded' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Concur that this was a Great episode, Interesting Baltar/Zarek/Cyclon coalition going on here :) Glad to see nepotism is rife in the military, cant believe Tigh as was passed over again, dipso or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

It was a decent episode. I don't think Tigh would have taken the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

By the look on his face I'd say he was pretty disgusted he wasn't at least offered the job. They seem to be setting the series of for something pretty big very soon, Adama Jr. was fasttracked from captain through major to commander of a battlestar very quickly. Alot of seeds of discontent are being sown with Tigh, Starbuck, their president, the religious population of the fleet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Great episode, good to see someone finally telling starbuck to cop on, she had been going a bit loco over the last few weeks

thought the engineer/commander was a bit of a nob, but at least he got his comupence

the press conference at the end was great, total set up of the president to make an unpopular decision then doublecrossing her in a public steeing & renouncing her decision great work there baltar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

hmmm.. so the Pegasus' FTL Drives are powered by a boiler room? And they call Galactica 'The Bucket'?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

hmmm.. so the Pegasus' FTL Drives are powered by a boiler room? And they call Galactica 'The Bucket'?

LOL .. yeah it was all a bit World War 2 submarine thriller wasn't it

the bit where
    the captain goes into the overheating/radioactive/vacume room and manages to turn a wheel valve just before dying
    is one of the oldest cliches in military movie history. They should have at least done it like Star Trek 2 where
    Spock goes into a room that at least looks futuristic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah. Some sort of reactor core with rods that need shuffling about or something.

Although pretty much anyway they were going to do was going to look clichéd... so I guess they just picked one and went with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

great episode, the cylon attack was awesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Wicknight wrote:
    LOL .. yeah it was all a bit World War 2 submarine thriller wasn't it

the bit where
    the captain goes into the overheating/radioactive/vacume room and manages to turn a wheel valve just before dying
    is one of the oldest cliches in military movie history. They should have at least done it like Star Trek 2 where
    Spock goes into a room that at least looks futuristic
    Sad but true - LOL :D

AND... who made that snarky comment about Scotty?!?! That's pure heresy! Don't make me come round there ;) Kirk often left him in charge in TOS and he was totally competent. (same can not always be said for the aforementioned bloke with the pointy ears (ref Galileo 7)).:v: :v: :v: :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

it really is the best thing on tv, isnt it?

imo its the best thing on pc ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

im gona wait till the end of sg1 season 9 but i dont think it can be better than bsg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

can we lay off the Col. Tigh was a cr*p commander. He sucessfully relocated the fleet after Mr.Gaeta FTL calculation error, correctly identified that the Cylon boarding party were trying to reach damage control, in season 1 he saved the ship by launching the alert Vipers that intercepted a raider on a kamakazi mission and saved Adama when one of the 'Dorel model' Cylons blew himself up.

He's got a drink problem and a mad trampy wife, if he was sober with Lee and his XO he's be a great Commander particularly as he'd still be subordinate to Admiral Kane.

Tigh is cool. Come to think of it we havent seen much of him recently.

• Advertisement

Scruff wrote:
    it really is the best thing on tv, isnt it?

It is the best American tv show on TV (well, PC wink wink nudge nudge), but then that ain't really hard is it ... its up against the nonsense that ER has become and something like CSI which looks more like a soap opera than a crime drama

Rosser wrote:
    can we lay off the Col. Tigh was a cr*p commander. He sucessfully relocated the fleet after Mr.Gaeta FTL calculation error, correctly identified that the Cylon boarding party were trying to reach damage control, in season 1 he saved the ship by launching the alert Vipers that intercepted a raider on a kamakazi mission and saved Adama when one of the 'Dorel model' Cylons blew himself up.

He's got a drink problem and a mad trampy wife, if he was sober with Lee and his XO he's be a great Commander particularly as he'd still be subordinate to Admiral Kane.

What is he, your dad :D

LOL ^^
    Rosser wrote:

True points except i think you meant Admiral "Adama" :D

Wicknight wrote:
    It is the best American tv show on TV (well, PC wink wink nudge nudge), but then that ain't really hard is it ... its up against the nonsense that ER has become and something like CSI which looks more like a soap opera than a crime drama
    I think the Shield and the Sopranos are both pretty good. But arguably not exactly on right now. For my info, what good non-Amreican shows are you thinking of?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Fair City.

Advertisement