Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SSIA's! Happy days....

• 18-02-2006 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

That guy on the ArticSpa's ad has some neck. Doesn't miss a trick tho :)
    "Hey buddy, you've been saving your cash for five years! Now come blow it all on hottubs, poker tables and whatever other tat I've got sitting here".

I guess it's more honest than you're average ad tho. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Was just thinking that myself, cheeky fecker. You can practically see the € signs rolling in his eyes.

I'm sure every car dealer in the country are salivating at the thought of it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Its great to see that he knows a sound financial investment when he sees one. :D

A bit cheeky, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

why is it cheeky? He KNOWS that most people are going to blow it all so he's just saying "why not blow it on a hot tub" It's not cheeky, it's just business.

Also, I was up there looking at a hot tub and it's not tat. Not at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

John R wrote:
    I'm sure every car dealer in the country are salivating at the thought of it as well.
    The amount of Car Dealerships that have upgraded their showrooms in the last year awaiting the SSIAs is unreal. I suppose it's all good business sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I look forward to picking up a cut-price spa, pool table and 248" telly in the FS General forum about 6 months after the SSIA spendathon has peaked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 392 ✭✭DéiseGirl

magpie wrote:
    I look forward to picking up a cut-price spa, pool table and 248" telly in the FS General forum about 6 months after the SSIA spendathon has peaked

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Can't believe that level of USA-style blustery advertising is spreading to Ireland, well I can actually. Tacky-tastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

magpie wrote:

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Good luck to him, he got there first. I'd say he will make a nice few sales from it too. I'd love a hotub thank you little ginger beard, half yank man, cha ching!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Good luck to him, he got there first. I'd say he will make a nice few sales from it too. I'd love a hotub thank you little ginger beard, half yank man, cha ching!

I wonder if it's a real ginger beard?

I only ask because I just found out the other day that 'Barry Scott' (of Clillt BANG and the grease is gone!) is not a real person but instead an actor named 'Neil Burgess' iirc :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Pigman II wrote:
    I wonder if it's a real ginger beard?

I only ask because I just found out the other day that 'Barry Scott' (of Clillt BANG and the grease is gone!) is not a real person but instead an actor named 'Neil Burgess' iirc :(

WHAT!, well if he could lie to us all like that so friviously then I dont think I can believe his claims that it removes grime AND lime so easily. HMMMM no the Irish would'nt of been to keen on buying products from Mr. Burgess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i would like Mr Burgess and his sidekick with the filthy children to stop shouting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

WHAT!, well if he could lie to us all like that so friviously then I dont think I can believe his claims that it removes grime AND lime so easily.
    I know what you're talking about but everytime time I hear Barry Cillit Bangin-on about that cleaner I just can't help but listen http://www.rofl.name/flash/cillitbang

I wonder is Michael 'i'm only acting' Winner literally just an actor too..... (he sure wasn't a director anyway) http://www.coolsmartphone.com/wmv/calmdowndear.wmv

:confused:

Advertisement