Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight returns movie

Options
  • 18-02-2006 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭

Check it out

Anyone have any idea here the movie this footage is coming from might be found?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

It said it under the video

"Music video I made with footage from the Batman Animated Series. The episode is "Legends of the Dark Knight.""

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I've only got Volume One of the animated series. The animation seems to have slipped a fair bit by the later ones, or is it just me?

Not quite how the battles against the mutant leader went in the Dark Knight Returns, but not a mile off either I suppose. I wish it had the proper audio track instead of that annoying metal. I just love that line "This isn't a mudhole; its's an operating theatre. And I'm the surgeon" followed by the crack of a breaking leg!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

Yeah I just wondered if this was something else, since I watched the animated series religiously as a kid, and I have absolutely no recollection of this episode

My mate told me that they have the mutant battle thing in the fourth volume.

• Advertisement

Muchos thanks wacker, I downloaded the episode in question, some people in the films forum were able to provice specifics, it;'s called "Legends of the Drak Knight", haven't watched it yet though, just had a quick luck to confirm. Think I'll leave it until tomorrow, my eyes are climbing out of my sockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I remember the episode. BAsically three kids talking about the differernt stories they herad about the Batman and effectively they retell some fan favorites. One is a girl telling the DK story with her being Robin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

It's in volume 4 of TAS DVDs. Great episode. Haven't seen the clip above but there's some great scenes in that segment...... and Michael Ironside doing the voice of Batman in it..... Brilliant. As for the animation someone was on about above, they did simplify it when it was relaunched as Gotham Knights. A kind of westernised version of anime if you know what I mean. Still great though. A great Harley and Ivy episode with supergirl and batgirl in it too........ What will we do now that Justice League's finished? Need my Animated Batman fix...

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

You can either watch The Batman or you'll be having no animated Batman unless he has a cameo every so often in the new Superman show.

:Keith: wrote:
    You can either watch The Batman or you'll be having no animated Batman unless he has a cameo every so often in the new Superman show.

Didn't know about a new Superman show..... I hate that "The Batman" show. Like the title sequence/music by The Edge but ya gotta have Kevin Conroy and all that old TAS style back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

He's in Justice League Unlimted a lot.. and he's great in it... always giving Superman attitude.

They've also got some other great characters like The Question voiced by Jeffery Combs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

Is there anywhere you can download this dark night returns ep from?

Edited by mod : No more discussion of where or how to get pirated copies of comics/cartoons please. Consider this a friendly warning; future postings of this kind will get you a week-long ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Brother To God

Edited by mod : No more discussion of where or how to get pirated copies of comics/cartoons please. Consider this a friendly warning; future postings of this kind will get you a week-long ban.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Lads : No more discussion about where to get pirated copies of comics please. Yes, pirate copies of comics, cartoons ect are out there. This is not the place to discuss them or ask for tips to find them. (This has been added to the Charter for future reference).

He's in Justice League Unlimted a lot.. and he's great in it... always giving Superman attitude.

They've also got some other great characters like The Question voiced by Jeffery Combs.

Loved him in that alright.And Combs' character aswell: You go through my trash? Please....... I go through everyone's trash

But Justice League cartoon has been cancelled. The last one was on a couple of weeks ago.

Loved him in that alright.And Combs' character aswell: You go through my trash? Please....... I go through everyone's trash

But Justice League cartoon has been cancelled. The last one was on a couple of weeks ago.

I heard that, and luckily i already have 'em all downloaded, any word on why it was cancelled? And halfway through a season at that?

I heard that, and luckily i already have 'em all downloaded, any word on why it was cancelled? And halfway through a season at that?

I read an interview with Paul Dini and he reckons that seeing as superhero movies are in again that they didn't want to tie up any potential future movie characters with any storylines/baggage. Don't know why, I mean I never read any of the comics but I at least know that the comics, movies and TV series have wildly different storylines/histories..... He was quite pissed in the interview too as he basically said the same thing. Let each version have it's own timeline and, maybe intertwine them if needed......

Mind you, I wasn't gone on the season just finished. Much preferred the previous season. Much more satisfying arc
    with Luthor/president/Braniac

Ahwell

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I only saw the last episode of the season that just ended... it certainly didn't have a decent ending anyway.

I've always liked what they did with the character of Brainiac in the cartoons. Having him as an advanced kyptonion AI that was responsible for the destruction of Krypton was a very good idea.

It also seems to be the direction they went with the character in Smallville.

Advertisement