Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Sony Ericsson K700i vs. Nokia 6020

• 18-02-2006 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I've decided that it's time to use my Meteor upgrade and get rid of my Sagem (píosa poo!), and the 2 phones that it's come down to is the SE K700i and Nokia 6020.

My brother and my sister both have the latter, and I've messed around with it, and it seems quite good. I've had a few Nokias, and I've never had any trouble with them in any respect, so after having my Sagem for a year and a bit now, maybe it'd be a good idea to go back to ol' reliable...

But on the other hand, looking at the reviews here, the Sony seems to be ahead, and it has more features, e.g. bluetooth, mp3 player, FM radio, larger memory, as well as a larger display. I've never used a Sony, so what are people's experiences with them?

And which phone do you think I should go for? :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

DaveMcG wrote:
    which phone do you think I should go for? :)

k700 hands down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

:)

Some people are saying that the joystick messes up after a while, any experience in that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

its a common problem with sony ericssons but the k700 one is better than most because its shorter and wider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Shorter and wider? That's what she said ;)

I'd go for the K700i. Why?
    - the 6020 is ugly / the k700i looks better.
    - the K700i has bluetooth.
    - the k700i has an mp3 player.
    - the k700i has a radio and comes with the headphones.

That's enough to convince me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I got the SE :) I like it so far, still messing around with it though! :D The radio is fairly slick indeed... You can be listening, then uh oh -- incoming call! No problem, answer it, earphones already in, microphone already hanging next to your mouth, have your conversation, hang up, then it goes straight back to the radio :cool: I'm gonna have to get a bluetooth connection for my computer it seems. They're fairly cheap, around €30, so should be alright.

Thanks for the help!

Oh the camera isn't greatly quality tbh...! Was a bit disappointed, but I probably won't be using it too much anyway, so meh. I probably just have to mess around with the settings a bit more to get it good.

Thanks again!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Camera is better than the 6020 camera. You'll notice the difference on a higher res screen.

Advertisement