Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For All You Street Fighter Nerds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Pretty old clip but still makes me drop my jaw in amazement everytime I see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Wow! I didn't realise Kens life meter until the 2nd time I watched it (even though you said it, to be honest, I just clicked the link though:p)

what a come back! Who won? The guy on the left or right?

Chun-Li, strange character to see at the Final!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Even more so when you notice that Ken can't block any of those kicks, as they would take a small bit of life each time, so he has to parry them by pressing the opposite direction of the kick at the precise moment of impact.

Amazing every time i've seen it.

turtle style

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Pfft any SF3 player worth his salt can do that..

..:v:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Very good!! I'd have him:v:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

cormie wrote:
    Wow! I didn't realise Kens life meter until the 2nd time I watched it (even though you said it, to be honest, I just clicked the link though:p)

what a come back! Who won? The guy on the left or right?

Chun-Li, strange character to see at the Final!

Chun-Li and Ken are the too best characters in the game. They are a little bit unbalnaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Going by the fact your name is Retrogamer and you're a Mod of Nintendo, I'd have to say you full of sh... lol only joking.

Did Chun-Li improve over time? I don't remember her being too good in SF2 Turbo. Was Ryu the best in that? It's who I always picked anyway:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Gator wrote:
    The World Championship Of Streefighter...Its the final and its only about 50 seconds...Look at Kens Life Meter...It fúcking Savage....

http://rapidshare.de/files/863681/final_street_fighter.mpg.html

Pretty old link their buddy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

thats amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

When this came up before I think someone mentioned that it was only the Semis and the dude playing Ken lost in the final.

Also the guy going mental in the video is the one playing Chun-Li I think.

jonnybadd wrote:
    When this came up before I think someone mentioned that it was only the Semis and the dude playing Ken lost in the final.

Also the guy going mental in the video is the one playing Chun-Li I think.

It doesn't matter, it was an amazing move that was pulled off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

That was actually the semi finals :)
    Daigo (Ken) ended up losing in the finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Incredible win.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

okay parrying is not as hard to do on an arcade stick,
    but chunlis SA2 [that special move] is. youre suppose to press forward before the freeking move animation starts, thats why ken keeps moving forward while chunlis obviously trying to pull the move off.
    pretty amazing alright.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

cormie wrote:
    Going by the fact your name is Retrogamer and you're a Mod of Nintendo, I'd have to say you full of sh... lol only joking.

Did Chun-Li improve over time? I don't remember her being too good in SF2 Turbo. Was Ryu the best in that? It's who I always picked anyway:)

She improve from going SF2 to SF3 which is what the video is of. All the SF2 characters are as good as each other since the balancing is perfect. In SF3 Ken and Chun-Li are slightly better than the others in competition play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

i think theres gonna be a new version of street fighter ,being developed at present for xbox live 360.

gamer wrote:
    i think theres gonna be a new version of street fighter ,being developed at present for xbox live 360.

2D or 3D????

Sure SF2 (i think) is coming to the marketplace, is that the one you're talking about??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

It's not that easy to do under pressure. The way he jumps into the last parry to set up a huge combo is pure style as well. He didn't even need to.

This video gets linked in every games forum I visit every couple of months. But it's still gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

anyone got anymore good street fighter matches? doubt anything could top daigo tho...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

thats was cool. Makes me wanna play street fighter! though I never knew any of those cool combos :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

i love the celebration from the crowd quality

gamer wrote:

doubt street fighter would be developed exclusive for 360.
    there is hyper street fighter in making for XBOX LIVE ARCADE. thats all.

rumours of SF4, vague rumours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Well there is SF Alpha Anthology too. T'will be good to play SFA 2 again.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4495

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Pity it's on the wrong console. Release it on XBox.

anthology ?
    useless we could pick up sfa3 etc for ps1 and play em on ps2. besides u can get roms for cps2/cps1 and if ur xbox is chipped u could play it on that too..

Placebo wrote:
    anthology ?
    useless we could pick up sfa3 etc for ps1 and play em on ps2. besides u can get roms for cps2/cps1 and if ur xbox is chipped u could play it on that too..

Because the PS1 versions are terrible ports of the arcade games compared to the saturn conversions and chipping is naughty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I heard recently the XBox Live Arcade version of Street Fighter is going to be based off Mega Drive SF2. :(

Nasty. won't be worth shelling out for then. The MD version was a great conversion and the best the MD could do however I'd expect more from the xbox than drab reduced colour palette, less animations on characters and backgrounds and timing different from the arcade game. At least it was better than the atrocious MD MK2 conversion which removed all combos which changed the game considerably into a complete mess.

• Advertisement

ppl on shoruyken, SF forum moan about arcade perfect versions, we here didnt get brought up on arcades, so il need 10 brians together to tell me the difference between the different ports of SFA3

Advertisement