Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For All You Street Fighter Nerds

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

removed the combos eh? nice one
    snes for me thanks (in general, not MK2 specifically)
    even with the wonders of emulation, there isn't a single MD game i want to play

still cant watch the video in the OP, stupid rapidshare tells me my ip is already downloading something. i've downloaded other files off rapidshare in the past few days with no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

google video diago sf3,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Guile is teh man

difficulty level 7 without losing a round :D in world warrior on the snes when i was about 10 tho :(
    dunno wat hes like in the new flashy SF2's

yeah thats a classic clip. love it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Placebo wrote:
    ppl on shoruyken, SF forum moan about arcade perfect versions, we here didnt get brought up on arcades, so il need 10 brians together to tell me the difference between the different ports of SFA3

It's a lot more noticable than you think. Even with a decent amount of skill you will find it hard to adapt to the arcade versions and be a little annoyed when hits that should have connected don't. Also the MD version is by far the worst they could have choosen. SF2 Turbo on the SNES is a much closer version. They have arcade perfect ports of SF2 on all systems since the PS1/Saturn why not on the xbox. (Saturn version of SFA3 ftw)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

what was better about the saturn version than the PS1?
    i remember the saturn version of SFAII had more modes than the PS version, which was really annoying. dont understand why either, as a later re-release included the extra modes and 'evil ryu' etc. on the PS

video seems pretty impressive

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Saturn was a far superior 2D machine compared to the PS1. There were loads of frames missing in animations on the PS1 and some effects like reflections in the water were left out. A small bit of slowdown also didn't help. Saturn version was far closer to arcade machine. SFA3 was particularly brilliant on the Saturn. It used the 4MB Ram cart so that there wasn't 1 frame of animation missing over the arcade. It was perfect from all intents and purposes. In fact people rate the saturn version of SFA3 over the Dreamcast version.

Advertisement