Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guidance

Options
  • 18-02-2006 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

I have recently come to terms with being gay. I have only told 2 people so far but i guess it is a bridge i need to venture alone.

There is a slight problem i am having, There is this guy i really like. On numerous occasions when drunk has mentioned how much he loves me. saying that it aint the drink talking but his inner feelings.

Now im afriad to do anything and im not sure if i shud. Anyone got some usefull advice that i could use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

He likes you. You like him. He's spelt it out for you. You'll rarely have it this simple. Go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭odarallo

Well i can see where you are coming from Stark. but I have asked him outstraight was he bi/gay and he said that he wasnt and loved the women 2 much.

Now im not sure what i can do will i make a move, and possibly ruin a friendship or shall i make the move and be happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

but I have asked him outstraight was he bi/gay and he said that he wasnt and loved the women 2 much.

Ever think it could be a case of exactly what you were going through? i.e. not able to admit it yet? Maybe it's only when he is drunk that the truth comes out.

Well,
    We are both very young he is 18 im 19... So what shud i do? we are going away on holidays soon. Not sure will i wait till then and do something but im not sure i can wait 2 months..

I could also be looking at this totaly wrong, by looking to deep into the txt msgs and some of the comments he says. But he calls me sugar lips an all that. Not the norm for a straight guy?

thanks for help so far it is making some sence hehe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭UU

Well, drink does bring out the inner feelings in many people. It resulted in me coming out that I was gay to my entire class at the pre-debs! Some straight fellow there started kissing me when he found out that I was gay but he is plain weird anyway and is a right ladies man also.

Anyway off that point, look you should just ask him again outstraight if he has feelings for you and if he is gay or at least bisexual. Ask him why he said those romantic things to you when he fancies girls. It seems he is confusing you a lot! Then again there is a straight fellow in my class who calls me sexy for fun! :o I have no attraction for him, of course.

Good luck odarallo! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I'd advise caution, I say a lot of things when I'm drunk I wouldn't follow tru on when sober :)

Well i went through it last night, sent him a message saying that i liked him.
    He replued i like u 2 mate, as a mate though..

He seems pritty cool bout it though. So im counting my blessings :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Sounds like you have a good pal there odarello.
    Good luck with it all.

Advertisement