Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor/Car shop in City Centre

Options
  • 18-02-2006 1:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

Are there any car or motor shops (for accesories etc.) still in town? I remember one before but cant remember where or if its still there. Cant think of any in or around town, apart from Parkway and Planet Auto in Castletroy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

every time I go back to a car accessorie shop in limerick it has closed down .... :(

the one near/in Perry square ...the one in the Crescent ..... the one round the corner from Catherine street ..... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Are there any car or motor shops (for accesories etc.) still in town? I remember one before but cant remember where or if its still there. Cant think of any in or around town, apart from Parkway and Planet Auto in Castletroy

Afaik there are no more motor factor shops left in the Cresent Shopping Centre. There were two of them at one stage but they have since closed down. One was owned by the guy who has the place in the Parkway Shopping Centre and the other was part of a chain that also used to have a place opposite Tate's clock in town.

There is Autozone in the Eastway Business Park on the Ballysimon Road, just up from the entrance as you head towards the NCT centre. I find them very cheap and they have a good selection of stuff.

Halfords have now opened up near B&Q also but to be honest I have found them to be very expensive in the past and the staff rarely know much about the products they are selling.

The place in the Parkway is ok but can be a bit pricey but the guy that owns it knows his stuff.

Another place that has a decent selection is Atlantic Homecare however some of the stuff is cheapish while other stuff is expensive. For example I bought a sponge in Autozone for €1.50 while the same type sponge was almost €4 in Atlantic.

So overall I find Autozone the best and cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Isn't there a place in the Superquinn shopping centre. You can always go to Nolans on Henry street if they dont have it they can get it have never let me down for any part or add on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Ya the place in superquinn is Planet Auto, thanks for that Bazz and Soioda

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Also there is a place on Parnell Street and F&g on arthlunkard street had to do the rounds to get some de-ionised water for stupid dead battery that I had to replace anyway :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

I believe Halfords have just opened in City East retail park. Thats the area that B and Q are located.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

Ya there is a big on in the east way park, is it opened?

Any1 know were i would get a good sound system for my car in Limerick?
    I im getting subs and amps stuff like that but i need someone who can
    build it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Ricey, have you checked out any sites like Racers Haven or Mods.ie? There are alot of people on RH that can help ya out, ive been enquiring about the same thing. What make car is it? Have you the amp's and subs already or are you to get them? Have you a head unit got? What type of base do you want in the boot,fibre glass or wood?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I have a black MG ZR and iv been off the road for a year...lol but im getting
    back on the road in a few weeks so im going sortin it out with all the mods
    i can get, I anit got anything for it yet im still saving & playing poker for it.
    Im not looking to spend a fortune on it but i good bit and i suppose a wood
    base. Il have a look at them sites see what i can pick up but iv been finding
    it hard to find stuff for the MG.

Advertisement