Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: anyone else HATE Jack? [*SPOILERS*]

• 18-02-2006 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

i dunno if its just me but jack really pisses me off, hope he gets killed off or something coz its getting beyond a joke, with his self righteous attitude, i am the saviour behaviour and the general knobendedness, what gives him the right to do anything that hes doing, especially in the last episode. whos with me? please state why...

[EDIT]sorry mods can any of you change the title to say - spoilers series 2x14[/EDIT]

do you want him dead or alive? 23 votes

dead, preferably.
    0% 0 votes
    alive and kicking.
    100% 23 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I like Jack. A 'leader' type character like Jack was to be expected, and I think they did a good job with him.
    EDIT: Whoops, I'm watching on Tv, so I don't know what he gets up to further down the line. I'll stay out of this thread so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

James Ford hes far better charater

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Count me in on the hate train. His character is incredibly arrogant at times (very noticably in the early S2 episodes) and he seems more a self-appointed leader than elected. Much like any dictatorship, he consults his own views and wills on policy rather than consulting with the rest of the group and he looks with disgust often on the likes of Sawyer and Locke when they fail to agree with him. He needs a firm slap across the face. Or maybe an axe across the face...

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

He's just too bland and personality-free for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

As of late,yes I don't like him. After Wednesday's episode I dislike him even more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Rob30888 wrote:
    He's just too bland and personality-free for me

I'll agree with that. They've developed a load of the characters really well (really liking Sawyer especially) but Jack is still as 2-D as day one. :mad: Plus he's not even likable 2-D. He's boring and a lot more than just a bit of a ponce. That could be due to acting ability or the lack thereof as well though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Think I'm the only one that likes Jack! Don't hurt me, mean internet posters :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i hate the majority of the main characters at this stage(jack, locke, kate, charlie etc...) they all get way too much screentime for such bland characters, the only reason why Sawyer isnt on my list right now, is because of his storyline in early season 2, he is quickly turning into a pantomine villain at this stage though,
    'i can crush a frog with my bare hands, im so deliciously evil bwahahaha'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

I liked jack of old, Kinda middle of S1 to S1 finale. But lately he's gettin a little too stressed out at everything, But i like how he reacts to the newer challenges. Funny enough im gettin tired of locke, Can't put my finger on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

I liked jack of old, Kinda middle of S1 to S1 finale. But lately he's gettin a little too stressed out at everything, But i like how he reacts to the newer challenges. Funny enough im gettin tired of locke, Can't put my finger on it.

Agreed.
    In Fire and Water he was a very strong character on the island, but in The Long Con we saw him panic, and become quite weak.
    I've never really liked him, and I don't think that's gonna be changing any time soon :v:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,055 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Don't mind Jack.. hate the bland characters like Sun and Claire more.

Jack's psychotic moment in last week's episode when he had Locke up against the hatch wall to open the door to the armoury brought him up a couple of points in my book.

And anyone who says they don't like Locke needs to check themselves before they wreck themselves... mmm-hmm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Derek C.

I'm sick to death of people who dont pull jack up on his attitude. I wouldnt let that hypocrite away with half the **** he does in that camp.

As for Claire, if I have to listen to the shrill Aussie voice screaming "My baby, my baby" I'll burst the *****in tele.

I like the choice of the Actor who they picked to Play Henry Gale in the latest episode. He's the villain in the first SAW movie. He just looks creepy.

I'm hoping they Develope characters such as Jin and Sun and actually give them a chance to act on the Island other than a flash back. Killing Boone and "you know who" halfway tru the second series has damaged the cast in my opinion.

**You know who** - I dont want to ruin it for people who havent seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I don't understand why people hate Jack so much after Wednesday's episode?
    If there's anyone I hate right now, it's Locke, I cannot stand him, he's so irritating, and Sayid really annoyed me as well with his whole "I must torture everyone" thing.

Jack can be annoying too. I used to think Sawyer was the man til he crushed the poor frog!! :( Now I'm a bit miffed at him.

I can't stand Kate, she's the biggest pain in the ass on that island. I think at the moment I'm siding with Lostzilla, nobody else on the island is even remotely interesting anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Agreed. I can't stand Locke any more either. He used to be cool and enigmatic, now he's just an obsessed twat. I was hoping Jack would give him a good kicking to get him to open the armoury door. Sayid was right when he said most of them had forgetten what the Others did to Charlie and Claire, but have they all forgotten that it was Locke's fault Boone was killed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Dundalk Online

YES!!! I am staying with locke. Jack thinks he is so righteous the whole time and i hate it.SPOILER: >>>>Its almost as if he wants to let the new fella in on all their plans and let him loose with a gun in the camp... they shouln't trust anyone.<<< END OF SPOILER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

After Locke beat the crap into Charlie I got annoyed with him,but he still a great character. Jack is so damn annoying. Some people look to him as a leader but that still doesn't mean he has the right make choices for everyone and tell them what to do. He is such an annoying twat,what to do with the guns,make an army,help this stranger they find even though they know what the others are capable of. When he had Locke up against the wall I was hoping Locke with either headbutt him or kick him in the balls :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Jack didnt ask to be leader, but since no one else was willing to be one at the start, he took on the responsabilty. and i think he's a good character, who has some bad moments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

i want Jack and Locke to have a fight to the death ala Kirk and Spock. don don don da da da da da dada da :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Bacchus

I hate Jack too. Especially after getting in Sayid's way (though Sayid did go a bit wacko there). He's such a wuss. Don't like Locke either anymore. He's gone over the edge and I hate how he's treating Charlie. That said, he's still a very interesting character to watch. Favourite characters now are Sawyer, Sayid, Michael, Ecko and Jin. All of those guys act like they should act given their situation...

Michael - damn straight he's gone off to get his son back. Good for him
    Sayid - Has the best backstory IMO and is a tough fecker when he needs to be
    Ecko - Great backstory so far. Very solid character.
    Sawyer - He's lying, cheating ba$tard but he's great.
    Jin - I'v warmed to him a lot since he became pals with Michael and eased up on Sun. He's the most loyal of all the survivors and he can't speak English.

Of the girls. Sun is okay, Rose is the sweet mother type figure, Kate is a silly silly girl, Ann Lucia is WAY too angry all the time. Shannon was becoming a good character but they killed her. Claire is about the only girl left that's interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Everyone's annoying me at this stage, Jack no more than the rest. Mainly because they seem to be unreasonably untrustful of each other... started I think with Michael not mentioning the writing on the screen and got more irritating from there on in.

Grah. And taking a week break every few weeks is really taking the piss, I don't think the producers realise that they're rapidly losing their grip on the audience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

agamemnon wrote:
    but have they all forgotten that it was Locke's fault Boone was killed?
    it wasnt his fault, he called boone out of there but he started to hear the radio going, and it fell, it was an accident, even if he did tell jack how it happened, there wasnt much that could be done, he had internal injuries, you cant do much for that, he was bound to die.

locke has been right about most things so far, we all know he was right about that button, coz **** started to hit the fan when the timer ran down, and as far as i can see that balloon trip dude is lying his arse off. im pissed off at him for hitting charlie, but i can understand his actions
    basquille wrote:
    And anyone who says they don't like Locke needs to check themselves before they wreck themselves... mmm-hmm!
    CHAMONE! locke is deadly!

sayid is brilliant, great back story, ecko is brilliant, charlie is good sawyer, etc, theyre all brilliant, just wish the story would move a big leap foreward tho, this whole waiting two weeks for an episode **** is just plain annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

You can't kill Jack. He is one of the core people in the whole program. People look up to him for help and advice. Now i am not saying he is not annoying. He wrecks my head in all episodes but you have to remember Jack is a Doctor and this is probably the reason for him been so defensive towards people in general. He dosent like seeing people hurt etc.

Yes he is very annoying but he is needed in this show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭loon

i too dislike jack, but he wont be killed on the island.. main reason is that kate couldn't take it.. especially after sawyer dies... and the fact that he dies in such a heroic way will just make jack look like more of a fool...

Advertisement