Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chemistry mock

Options
  • 18-02-2006 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

right, so here's my dilema...i've already done all my mocks but then I hear that we're getting a second chemistry mock! Now chemistry isn't my strong point and I'm pretty sure I failed my last one, so anyone have any tips?? PLEAASSSSEEEEEE :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

eh......study maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

well you're no help to me 4Xcut!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

The cheek aber!!I cnt believe ur asking for help wen, wen I asked u wudnt tel me!!now now dts not nice!so i dnt tnk anyone shud tell her cuz she doesnt believe in givin other people help wen dey ask!!mwahahahah - its karma i tell ya!

d4gurl wrote:
    The cheek aber!!I cnt believe ur asking for help wen, wen I asked u wudnt tel me!!now now dts not nice!so i dnt tnk anyone shud tell her cuz she doesnt believe in givin other people help wen dey ask!!mwahahahah - its karma i tell ya!
    i knew you would say that!! hehe...ah it doesn't matter! hopefully it's somewhat like my other one!! did you get ethanoic acid and ammonium iron(II) sulfate as 2 of the experiements?? me likes then!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

well you're no help to me 4Xcut!!!

Didn't mean offense but only you can learn the stuff for you. No use trying to look at patterns or what is likely in june because mocks are nearly always badly written. It only febuary, ages and ages to go.

• Advertisement

i knew you would say that!! hehe...ah it doesn't matter! hopefully it's somewhat like my other one!! did you get ethanoic acid and ammonium iron(II) sulfate as 2 of the experiements?? me likes then!!!

nope I didnt!hahah! im stil not telin u!I feel bad and all but like wts fair is fair :D:p

omg so that means you got a diff exam!! i'm all curious now...i feel bad too! :( <
    see. but that's only because I went against what i origionally thought, i.e, no help for mocks!!! I blame the stress of 6th year!

dnt worry!ull be grand!der only d mocks!its betr to screw up in dese!!!and den jus study ur ass of d next three months!**** these months are seriously flying!! and Feb is so short!ok go and study aber!! i betr clean my room its a sea of notes everywhere!!! or maybe sleep is bettr???go study!

gone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nevil

eh, this is my first post but im sooo desperate!! ive chemistry 2moro and the worst teacher.. i heard benzoic acid is cumin up bu can anyone confirm??

• Advertisement

i never got that in mine...i got ethanoic acid, volatile liqud and....something else! oh yeah the ammonium iron (II) sulfate!! anyone wanna give me the all the reactions between ethane and chlorine to save me having to look them up?!?

Got it done now!!! but now i know it perfectly so i guess it really does help to do stuff yourself :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭John Doe

Our chemistry wasn't too bad actually. A lot of ethanoic acid though, in more than one question.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

i never got that in mine...i got ethanoic acid, volatile liqud and....something else! oh yeah the ammonium iron (II) sulfate!! anyone wanna give me the all the reactions between ethane and chlorine to save me having to look them up?!?

Got it done now!!! but now i know it perfectly so i guess it really does help to do stuff yourself :D

got the same paper as you so, i thought it was grand, how'd you get on?

got my results yest...B1!! and i'm a bad chemistry student (totally serious here!)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

I think I had the same mock and I found it really hard. I hope I get a B1 too!

ok got another mock paper today (for studying purposes)...the experiments were Ethanoic Acid, Ammonium Iron (II) sulfate and the test for anions one...so very similar to my other mock!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Hah, got that exact one for studying here too, she gave it to us on Monday.

Two of the questions on it were two we'd had in a class test though so it's either old or they're repeating questions...

the questions every year are basically the same...and you can predict the questions that will come up in every experiment really! all of a sudden i love chemistry :) before the mock i hate it hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

whatd be *THE* most important ones to know? had my mock yesterday, iron sulphate etc, but im just wondering which are the major experiments to know..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 brianfiel

What else came up in the chemistry pre?

• Advertisement

doonothing wrote:
    whatd be *THE* most important ones to know? had my mock yesterday, iron sulphate etc, but im just wondering which are the major experiments to know..
    well a titration always comes up, an organic always comes up and one of the other ones always comes up...you could get away with just learning titrations and organic or whatever like. But then again, experiments come up as seperate questions too so it's always good to know them all and there are only 28!
    brianfiel wrote:
    what else came up in the chemistry pre?

in the one i have right in front of me now ... intermolecular forces, organic reactions, heat of reactions (and fuel), catalysts, equilibrium, a question on number of moles/volume @stp...that kinda stuff, Periodic table, clove oil, pH, gas laws, metals, industrial chemistry!! I have another pre paper but that's in my locker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 piggy

in the one i have right in front of me now ... intermolecular forces, organic reactions, heat of reactions (and fuel), catalysts, equilibrium, a question on number of moles/volume @stp...that kinda stuff, Periodic table, clove oil, pH, gas laws, metals, industrial chemistry!! I have another pre paper but that's in my locker

Is that the paper with the volatile liquid exp?

no it's the one with anions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 piggy

Ah crap, tanx anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

got my results yest...B1!! and i'm a bad chemistry student (totally serious here!)

I got an A1..........................................................never have got anything less....i suppose thats what you get when you have the top chemistry teacher in Ireland teaching you ;)

yak_kadafi wrote:
    I got an A1..........................................................never have got anything less....i suppose thats what you get when you have the top chemistry teacher in Ireland teaching you ;)
    well i'm happy with my result as i usually get C's! so there! where do you go to school?

abercrombie wud u by any chance be able to send me the pre by email to brianfiel@gmail.com.Id greatly appreciate it!

yeah i'll scan it in the morning and send you it then

I have it at nine in the morning.Wud it be a pain in the ass if i cud get it off u before den?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

well i'm happy with my result as i usually get C's! so there! where do you go to school?
    marys

Advertisement