Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Care: Any tips on removing paint?

Options
  • 18-02-2006 2:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

Does anyone have any tips on removing paint marks from cars?

The car next to me in the carpark knocked his door off mine and has left a small red paint mark on my black Bora. I scrapped it with my nail but only a small amount is coming off. I've also used a power hose on it but that hasn't done much. Any advice, or recommended products??

PS. I was parked within my lines!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭mondeoman

try T-CUT or auto glyn -paint restorer ,if its metallic then use T-CUT for metallic paint(ie specially for metallic).
    either of these should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

mondeoman wrote:
    try T-CUT or auto glyn -paint restorer ,if its metallic then use T-CUT for metallic paint(ie specially for metallic).
    either of these should do the job.

Or if you are cheap (like me) petrol or white spirit should do. White spirit does an excellent job on removing tar also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭henry hill

maidhc wrote:
    Or if you are cheap (like me) petrol or white spirit should do. White spirit does an excellent job on removing tar also.

Will white spirit/petrol not affect the original paint of my car??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Paint thinners + a rag.

The thinners don't do any damage to the body work if you use small amounts of it, car paint is quite tough to the elements. Just remember to rinse it off with some water.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭henry hill

White spirits and a rag it is then! Cheers for the advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

A hard rub with a damp cloth might get the paint off. This worked for me a couple of times after other drivers decided to leave some of their paint behind on my car.

Advertisement