Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What subject is your weakest

Options
  • 18-02-2006 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭

i noticed i'm fine in ...

biology - just learn definitions and experiments in the cell section of the book and learn everything else thoroughly. i know that's taking a bit of a risk if i want an a but i'm willing to take it.

business - it's amazing probably about 100 words in the book just put together in different ways to make it utterly boring

geography - easy to study although a new course and students are still unclear about the way in which to answer questions

the 3, yes 3 subjects that are my weakest are...

art history - i only have studied medieval europe and pre christian ireland i never did art before only took it up in october
    if anyone has tips on what to study for art or the exam itself please don't hesitate to pm me :) any help would be appticiated

german - i find it really hard i got a d1 last year but the less stress more sucess book is really hrlpful if anyone is finding higher level german hard get yourself a copy

and english - i got on okay last year but this year i still haven't any poets or texts properly done :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

my weakest is chemistry :( - though i think i should actually open the book and learn the definitions and experiments and i should be fine! That plan is being put into action after the midterm!

my strongest are French and English - as i'm fluent in both languages, i think i should do ok!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

weakest maths

best geography

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

My weakest is probs french. I'll see for definite after the mocks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Stongest at biology,english, economics and business, weakest at history and chemistry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

weakest has to be English.....

and strongest is definitly chemistry........A1 all the time ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

My strongest have to be be English and Business, and my weakest would have to be Irish and Biology....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Weakest has to be french, apart from that I'm ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Johnner111

Weakest probably french, but it's gettin there, i really feel myself improvin - do a hell of a load of written expression practice - it helps in some way i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

probably Irish, i do pass though so i'm swinging along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭X-SL

physics or german

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Weakest-Physics, I really hate this subject
    Best-Business, Im reallly hoping for an A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

French defo. I just don't seem to be improving on reading comprehensions no matter how many I do. It's a real worry for me, if anyone has any tips on improving please share!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Gangsta wrote:
    French defo. I just don't seem to be improving on reading comprehensions no matter how many I do. It's a real worry for me, if anyone has any tips on improving please share!
    do you get french magazines in school?? Articles taken from actually French newspapers and magazines are in them...they're really helpful for vocab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

weakest subject when coming to doing it in an exam - accountancy
    best subject - business

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

examwise, I'd say maths is my weakest. Well, going by my atrocious mock paper.. back tomorrow :( Then again, I can do all the stuff, I understand it etc so once I actually put some work in (I've basically ignored maths for two years..), I should be grand. Physics isn't great, but once I learn it I'm fine. My weakness is more my laziness.

Sorted for everything else, I think.. Doing business as an extra subject, so I dont need to worry so much about the weaknesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

cheers for that abercrombie and Johnner111. Ya we do get 'em and tbh I think they're way too easy. Doesn't really help me in the reading comprehensions tbh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Physics, but I do no work in it.. Im barley scraping a pass in Honours at the moment..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭blahblah1234

Erm.....

My toughest ones would be Chemistry and English.....everything else is pretty easy for me.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

examwise, I'd say maths is my weakest. Well, going by my atrocious mock paper.. :( Then again, I can do all the stuff, I understand it etc so once I actually put some work in (I've basically ignored maths for two years..), I should be grand. Physics isn't great, but once I learn it I'm fine. My weakness is more my laziness.

Holy crap, that's pretty much exactly how I am right now. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

my weak spot is remembering things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

same like quotations^^ and also accounting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭John Doe

Weakest chemistry (does anyone else think the examiners are really picky and pedantic in this subject?).
    Strongest English and French, except when I get a creative blank in the former. It happened in my mocks, it wasn't pretty (a story about a couple of talking sheep. ouch.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Yeah I know what you mean with the english - i ended up writing about myself dreaming I met a red alligator stuck in a river, and when I called the vet he didn't believe me. I was making a point that teenagers aren't believed in today's Ireland. Bah.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

John Doe wrote:
    Weakest chemistry (does anyone else think the examiners are really picky and pedantic in this subject?).
    Strongest English and French, except when I get a creative blank in the former. It happened in my mocks, it wasn't pretty (a story about a couple of talking sheep. ouch.)

ok, what you do for that is look up the marking scheme on www.examinations.ie
    There's a trend with it, make sure you use the right word, like "colourless", not "clear" I think? They give marks once you have a certain set of words in it for definitions etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

strongest maths and english, weakest irish and TD .agh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

weakest definatly applied maths!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

do you get french magazines in school?? Articles taken from actually French newspapers and magazines are in them...they're really helpful for vocab!

now that u said that ill try it!!!!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 proletarian

Strongest English and German, becasue I love both, and have a brilliant English teacher, if an absolutely useless, selfish, sarcastic wench of a German teacher who should have seriously considered going ot a different career guidance counsellor because the job induces regular breakdowns and ensuing seven-week absences. I have spent so much money on books I bought myself in the hopes of learning grammar and vocab. Thank God i'm seriously interested in the subject and will willingly learn stuff for it becasue other wise I'd be in deep hot water.

No other subject is a bother - History is just that damn special topic, Chemistry is ok except for the stupid need to be word-accurate to the punctuation in definitions and experiments - yes pedantic, thank you to whoever said it! Art History, I'd be fine if my teacher ever did it, it was pure utter fluke that what I knew came up in the pres, honestly all I had was Passage Graves, Book of Kells, Chalices and all that sivler artefacts stuff, Jack Yeats, Van Eyck, Masaccio, and the Turner exhibition we visited in January (be kinda funny if you tried to visit it at any other time of year, you'd be searching for a while). That is all I know. That is our coursework. Since September last year. I mean, what am I supposed to do with that?

Weakest Mathemagic. Then studying would be a very interesting and novel idea that might improve my skill and hence give me a slim chance at passing the LC. Laziness is a curse, I tells ya.

Advertisement