Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifting Lino and Carpet...advice needed.

Options
  • 18-02-2006 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭

Just wanted some advice, I am lifting Lino and Carpet tomorrow from kitchen/dining room and wondering if i have the proper tools, can anyone tell me what I am gonna need, never done it before but willing to turn my hand to anything, getting new lino on wednesday but company dont lift the old stuff this must be done by me before hand, it is glued down

I know carpet is only matter off lifting with chisel or screwdriver to get started then lift by hand lino is what I amnt to sure about.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

a good sharp spade should do the trick under the lino! hack away to your hearts content and you will get it up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

any sharp spade will do it ,or large wide kitchen knife, try and remove glue from floor if its in blobs ,or not level.and clean the floor be4 they get there.u can use a window scraper,they sell em in car shops 4euro or hardware stores.there are window cleaners or small tools with blade 4inchs wide approx.

Advertisement