Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus ST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote:
    while I am not a big fan of Fords they have been building them pretty good

No fan either but indeed hats off for the tremendous quality improvements Ford has put through in their entire range of cars. Especially for what they did with Jaguar and LandRover

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Car is now in Irealnd apparently, and delivery expected maybe at the end of the week :D

I couldn't get the heated front screen even as an option btw.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Well Fair play to ya, Lucky git!!:D

I saw one today @ da airport in dublin - Performance blue

Quite nice I must say

Mik

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Thanks.

One passed me on the Naas dual carraigeway on Sunday. 06 D. Also Performance Blue.

I think that orange colour is pants tbh. Blue rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sneakyST

Hi Henry
    I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and got a pack as an option - it included heated screen- auto wipers & adaptive headlamps. How long was your delivery time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Guys this thing is a sanitary towel on wheels. For feck sake they even called it an ST.

sneakyST wrote:
    Hi Henry
    I ordered mine a couple of weeks ago and got a pack as an option - it included heated screen- auto wipers & adaptive headlamps. How long was your delivery time?

I had a bit of pull.

It should take about 8-10 weeks I think for a custom order, and my total wait time will be well under 1 month :D

Guys this thing is a sanitary towel on wheels. For feck sake they even called it an ST.

Jealousy don't you just love it.

What do you drive? Betcha it's a ripper :D

cant wait to get it. I went for the red to be a bit different. Couldnt justify that orange even the price is only €450 for it now. Who is doing yer insurance if yeh dont mind me askin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Jealousy don't you just love it.

What do you drive? Betcha it's a ripper :D

no its not a ripper...

• Advertisement

Replied via private message.

no its not a ripper...

I see. How enlightening.

defo one of my fav hot hatches Hash...a mate of mine had a black one.

Is it a Cupra or an ACup :D

it is ...but who's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

No auto wipers??

Jesus lads, even the GTI has rain sensors!! ;)

Good luck with it.

I said auto wipers.....read it again BB.

Thanks.

It has auto wipers of a sort. If it rains you automatically turn them on :D

tbh Henry the dealers have poor knowledge of the ST here....one tried to tell me the only colours i could get was blue and orange....

On the Ford.ie website there's a car configurator.

Our local dealer has sold 4 so far.....hoping mine might arrive tomorrow.......would be nice to drive it at the w/e.

• Advertisement

sneakyST wrote:
    I said auto wipers.....read it again BB.

I've read it again.

... and?

Did you miss the word 'pack' in your own post? That means you paid EXTRA for auto wipers does it not???

Let's not descend into argument mode BB;)

The ST seems to be quite a bit less expensive than it's main competitor, and in general, looks similarly equipped.

yes it does but you said "no auto wipers" which means not available to me which technically they are even as an option ;) ......which is a bit strange because on the lesser titanium focus models they are standard.:confused:
    As i said before the some dealers dont have a clue ...even for this option i told the dealer to ring Ford as he wasnt sure they would build the car with them....the UK ST cars are better defined......

In the UK they are called ST1, 2, and 3 respectively.

Mine has metallic paint and a space saver spare tyre as options. That's all.

No zenon, no traction control (doesn't need it having driven one in the wet), no extra doors.

The spec. isn't bad all things considered however....and the price is attractive (relatively). More importantly it should be a good car to drive and own.

yeah i was a bit worried about not getting traction control ........I got a sunroof and an upgraded stereo, space saver (the dealer actually talked me out of rear recaro seats)

didn't bother with sunroof (has a/c as standard) nor stereo. 6000 CD radio is fine.

The dealer was right. Go for rear recaros and it becomes a 4 seater only.

Ok, this in not a GTI Vs ST post but lads, NO TRACTION??? This feature has helped keep me on the road on more than one occasion when pushing my car around bends where it becomes slightly twitchy.. is it an option? If so how much? Cause I'd rather that than auto wipers if you're trying to decide between options!

Sneaky - that's like me saying you get Sat Nav on the Golf as it's an option. Come on now!! ;)

yes BB its a bloody option .....The UK ST's are sold different as henry said ...ST - ST2 -ST3.......the later the number the higher spec....whereas in this dumbass country everything is an option. As far as i can remeber its 1700 extra for traction (in the UK its about 400 quid) but VRT is added to these options as well. Not really too worried about not having it as the car has so much grip......(especially being based already on the best handling car in its class;) ).......

I dunno how VW/MDL got around it so but traction is standard - it was also standard on the last model ST IIRC too.

€1700 is a lot to spend on an option though.

• Advertisement

yes it is alot of dosh......anyway it will be looked after so i wont be doing silly things on a wet back road

You are right about traction control on the ST170.

Advertisement