Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

less stress more success

Options
  • 18-02-2006 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

God, these books are like gold dust! Cant believe how helpful they are, especially economics and chemistry!! Thank you "less stress more success"!- they seem to do exactly what they say on the tin!

Rapid revision chemistry is great for the experiments too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Johnner111

I agree that the economics one is really good, as do all of my friends. one of the best in the series. as far as i know, or according to my economics teacher, the writer of the book is on the economics exam commission dealy. he gives pointers and everything. it's better than the history one, though that's alright. i have the book by the same author so it's a bit repetitive. the french one seems quite good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

The guy who wrote the economics less stress is the economics teacher in my school.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

The Biology one is incredibly poor :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

for subjects like biology and business i can't see them helping.

but...

the german and art history ones are definitely worth buying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

yeah the biology one is pretty crap, chemistry is ok and so is homec!

is he on the exam dealy timans, i hear he does loads of talks for teachers and stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Johnner111 wrote:
    is he on the exam dealy timans, i hear he does loads of talks for teachers and stuff...

You hear to much John! go watch lost, or get drunk ffs, and chillout :D;)

LOL grump, tis what the teacher did say :P roll on march 16th... and then roll on june 21st :D

Good luck with mocks tomorrow btw Grump

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

also from my experience from last year the accounting one is poop.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭blahblah1234

I actually have the Biology one and thought it was a great help. The maths ones are ok.

I was wondering how good is the Business Studies book and the Geography LSMS is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

I find the business one is good for revision but we are lucky that we have the best business teacher ever and she makes out the easiest to revise notes. But thats beside the point......... :) Im thinking of getting the history (coz I hate the subject and the textbooks) and geography (just to have all necessary info in one place- not a big fan of the geography textbooks either!) Anyone have these, are they worth the few quid??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Muiriosa

I've got the geography and french books of these.

The geography is very detailed but quite good compared to other books I've seen.

As for the French, I'm dissappointed with that one. No help at all. Or maybe it's just that French is impossible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rotten_eggz

Less stress more success books

Business- Class! seriously if you do Business and havent bought this book buy it now!
    Economics- Alrite
    Geography-Rubbish (just a dumbed down version of the geography textbook by the same publisher)
    English- Too detailed but good i suppose
    French(Pass)- Good
    Irish- Good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

How's the physics one? I've got Pat Doyle as my teacher (teaches in my school and the institute), and he's pretty good, although I tend to forget everything pretty quick, so I need a good source of basica revision..

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Wez wrote:
    How's the physics one? I've got Pat Doyle as my teacher (teaches in my school and the institute), and he's pretty good, although I tend to forget everything pretty quick, so I need a good source of basica revision..

ive heard hes like the best teacher in the country

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

The physics rapid revision one is good. And Declan Kennedy writes ones of the chem books for the Lc (I had it for 3 years and I've already forgotten it's name!) and he wrote the Rapid REvision book for chemistry, so if you're getting one, get that. It's really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

The chemistry rapid revision book is brilliant. It's basically a heavily condensed version of the textbook. I highly recommend it. I know lots of people who use it and think it's great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Tula

anyone know a good revision book for biology then?
    Irish pass LSMS is good and music is alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Tula wrote:
    anyone know a good revision book for biology then?
    Irish pass LSMS is good and music is alright
    don't use the LSMS for bio!! Try the RR one i think!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i used these books when i was doing my leaving cert 3 years ago. they were great help.

Advertisement