Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Rat planning to bail from the UTV ship

• 18-02-2006 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I'm currently with UTV and extremely unhappy with their recent messing about and complete lack of customer support, (I used to have NTL so I know waht I'm talking about;) ).

So now I'm looking to see what's been happening since I last shopped around, don't wanna go back to NTL and will NEVER intentionally give money to Eircom ever again, can't get Magnet yet and I've read enough horror stories about IIB so now I'm thinking of BT this time round.

I see they have a deal for 3mb connection w/30gb d/l cap including line rental for €50. I'm currently on the 2mb connection w/12gb(cap/usage/whatever they make up) which costs €29.99 + €24.18 line rental i.e. €54.17.

Have I missed something with the BT offer, is it as god as it seems?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

i had the choice between ntl and smart....
    i went with ntl and im kinda regretting it....

wish id gone for smart. Is it available to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

The BT package you're talking about is the same one I have atm. It's fine, does the job. 330kb/s max download, 40kb/s upload, nice big cap, sweet pings to game servers. Just pray you don't have any problems with it as their customer support is horrible (in my experience).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mirage

Thanks for the responses. I hadn't really considered Smart, what are they like? All I know about them is they have extremely annoying ads and cold call my wife all they time (she really doesn't like them:p ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 mirage

Just checked, Smart aren't available yet in my area. Probably gonna get another cold call from them now that I've given them my number:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 718 ✭✭✭thirdmantackle

try a few others like perlico, imagine etc before you decide with who to go with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

BT currently have the best value packages atm for BB. I've had it since last June after leaving UTV. Never had a problem with the service or customer service. Go for it.:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

kaizersoze wrote:
    BT currently have the best value packages atm for BB. I've had it since last June after leaving UTV. Never had a problem with the service or customer service. Go for it.:)

Anyone considering BT should be warned of the dangers of falling foul of their 'billing' department - just look at the recent thread where lots of people are reporting being overcharged on their most recent bills.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

kaizersoze wrote:

I would say Smart currently are better value. For availabilty BT would win though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

mirage, what happened with NTL?

Are you located in D15?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

paulm17781 wrote:
    I would say Smart currently are better value. For availabilty BT would win though.
    True but I didn't mention it cause he said it's not available to him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

kaizersoze wrote:
    True but I didn't mention it cause he said it's not available to him.

Curses! I didn't notice that. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

mirage wrote:
    I'm currently with UTV and extremely unhappy with their recent messing about and complete lack of customer support, (I used to have NTL so I know waht I'm talking about;) ).

Beware of their 29.99 cancellation fee!

Advertisement