Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheap Performance Upgrade??

Options
  • 18-02-2006 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,862 ✭✭✭✭

Evenin all,

I've a 98 Mitsubishi Mirage Coupe, and while looking on ebay tonight for a set of fog lights for it (side note: if anyone knows of some place that'll supply and fit them - ideally in what looks like a removable "cutout" in the lower part of the bumper (see attached pic) let me know :)) when I came across this

Is there anything to this or is it a scam? Anyone installed one of these and did it work?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Its a 10cent resistor from maplin.All it does is fool the ecu into thinking the engine temp is colder.Itl damage your car in the longrun and in short stay away from them.

If 20bhp could be achieved for 4euro manufacturers would be doing it as standard!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,862 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

moral of the story then.. if something looks too good to be true, it generally is

Ta :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

Yeah those 20+hp mods are a load of willy, avoid like the plague. Thats a lovely car, is it 1.3? All it needs is a nice set of alloys.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,862 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Con9903 wrote:
    Yeah those 20+hp mods are a load of willy, avoid like the plague. Thats a lovely car, is it 1.3? All it needs is a nice set of alloys.
    Yea she's a 1.3 alright :) Any recommendations on alloys then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭Con9903

Well it's all down to personal preference but I always go with 15" alloys and then lower the car. I have a soft spot for speedlines:

Speedline_2108_thumb.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

Try K-mods, only been there once but the guy seemed to be helpfull enough. Can order most of what ya could be looking for if he doesnt stock it. He works with east coast alloys which stocks everything, basicly. love those speedline alloys too. white wouldnt really suit a silver coupe though in my opinion. try black or antracite maybe, or even black with polished lip?

Advertisement