Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CL coverage question

• 18-02-2006 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭

With so many interesting ties forthcoming is there any way to catch more than one of the games on each match day, without resorting to a sky subscription?

the liverpool and chelsea matches i plan on watching on ITV or in a pub, is there a place i could download or stream the other matches afterwards?

doubt theres much chance, but it's a shame when so many good matches are on and you only get to see one
    i remember when a few years ago TV3 would do delayed coverage of a second match at 11PM or whatever....i thought that was class
    got to see some continental matches instead of just the english/scottish clubs involvement

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

There are usually extended highlights of the other matches after the main match coverage on ITV/RTE/TV3.

Other then that you could do the bold thing and download them off bit torrent or something. They are usually up there fairly quickly ASFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

would you be at liberty to disclose the sort of filesize i could expect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

What's the arrangement on Tuesday? I assume Arse/Real main game on ITV1/RTE or TV3, LFC/Benfica on ITV2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Dr. Nick wrote:
    What's the arrangement on Tuesday? I assume Arse/Real main game on ITV1/RTE or TV3, LFC/Benfica on ITV2?

itv - real/arsenal
    tv3 liverpool

real/arsenal is on tv3 at 11 ish also

to eyerer - roughly 800mb for 90min of tv

micks wrote:
    itv - real/arsenal
    tv3 liverpool

real/arsenal is on tv3 at 11 ish also

to eyerer - roughly 800mb for 90min of tv

Cheers. Nice to see TV3 doing the right thing. It'll be ITV2 for me though (God bless 2nd Sky box Free to Air)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

dont think its on ITV2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Tuesday
    Real Madrid — Arsenal ITV1
    Benfica — Liverpool TV3 & ITV4
    Rest on Sky

Wednesday
    Chelsea — Barca RTÉ 2 & Sky
    Rest on Sky

micks wrote:
    dont think its on ITV2

Yeah, forgot they changed the CL to ITV4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

So if I don't have ITV I can't catch Real-Arsenal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

CorkMan wrote:
    So if I don't have ITV I can't catch Real-Arsenal?
    There's plenty of good quality streaming software out there now that you can watch any televised match on the internet now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

eirebhoy wrote:
    There's plenty of good quality streaming software out there now that you can watch any televised match on the internet now.

what he said, just dont expect to be able to enjoy it as most streams are unwatchable......i've tried on quite a few occassions and only once was a stream watchable

i'd say your best bet is to find a pub showing it, if possible

Advertisement